Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jo-Ann & Barb's Excellent Adventure II - Day 1

Hi everyone!

We were off and running at about 2:30 p.m., first a stop at the Toronto Western Hospital to drop off some of my famous Sweet & Sour Meatballs to a sick friend and then on the road to O HI O!

The rain hit on and off and needless to say we were parked in Mississauga for a good hour until we actually got going but we thought we were doing great. The Torrent (my car) has OnStar so our little "man in the radio" was giving directions however, I thought he was taking us out of our way to cross the bridge at Sarnia.......little did I know (and Barb said I should listen to the voices!!!) he knew something we didn't! DETOUR-------> 1/2 hour from Windsor we end up in St. Joachim, Ontario on the back roads to nowhere driving 20 km/hr.



Even Barb got to check out the local scenery and I was taking pictures of churches and police directing the traffic at 20 km/hr.

We finally got to the bridge which was an oversized parking lot and of course it was raining. It was around 9:30 p.m. by the time we crossed the bridge into the U.S.. It was slow going all the way across - it's down to one lane and the potholes are more than scary. Not sure I'm going back that way......I know Barb isn't (so she says)!!!!



We reached our destination at around 10:30 p.m. and then went looking for somewhere to eat dinner???!!! We found Frisch's Big Boy and had some food and then went straight to our room!

The room is really nice - and you will note the "Bed Runner" a lovely touch for a summertime look!!!! Actually that's exactly what it is and although it has no function it does look very nice and would make a great practice piece for machine quilting! I just might make one for my bed at home....

I am ready to get into that very inviting looking bed and conk out - Barb is busy colouring........the purple dinosaur!

Will continue our adventure tomorrow......until then!

Happy quilting!

Jo-Ann and Barb

No comments: