Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm stealing......

I have found a way to get two things done at once - stealing time!  Right now I am teaching my beginner class - they are perfecting one of the many new blocks they are learning so I snuck out to start writing the blog! 

My intentions are always good - carrying the camera home every night and bringing it back in the morning - only to find that Jonathan is using the computer and the blog will go another day without getting posted!  So now I think I've found the secret - just grab a few minutes when I have them to quickly get something posted!

On Monday - at Sit & Sew - Sandy Lindal came by with Leeann's finished quilt top - it is just sensational!  This was our Buck A Block for 2009 in the 30's colourway!
Then Andy stopped by with yet another quilt finished - she has never taken a class, she's just a natural and this is her 5th(???!!!) quilt since September!  She really just pumps them out!  These are 1/2 inch strips for anyone who noticed how small this looks....... 
I had to run out in the afternoon to get some Quilter's Flannel - one of the students in Sandy Lindal's Pineapple class has decided to increase the size of her quilt to a King Size (I think) or maybe it was a Queen Size and needed more flannel which we seemed to be out of!

So when do I ever come back with just what I went for - aside from finding a few bolts of fabric for the colour wall I also found some other great stuff!  Like this "one of a kind" - meaning we have only one - Quilt Kit!  There is fabric in this gorgeous container to make a whole quilt designed by Kaye England (fabric is her design too!).
Then I found a "Bundle" of which I have a few - the bundle comes with 3 of these great panels, one red, one blue, one pink along with 26 co-ordinating fat quarters.......


I also picked up this great pattern from one of our great Canadian pattern designers........


Now I also just finished pricing the new fabrics that came in last week - a bunch of great shirting fabrics......


....and some fabulous Tone on Tones in creams and beiges.........

Then there are all the books that have been waiting to be priced - all done!  On the shelves now!  The first one is It's a Wrap II - working with fabric and clothesline (something we're definitely thinking about teaching and stocking the clothesline)!

The next one is Better Together - complimentary 2 block quilts and how the blocks work together.......

Then - yet another great Fat Quarter book - Bundles of Fun........some great ideas and quilts!
More of a history book and a book of inspiration - The Quilters" Guild Collection is really a beautiful book (Nancy already took one home so I'm not sure how many are left!?).....
Sew and Quilt Japanese Decor is  great book by Trice Boerens with some really great contemporary ideas and patterns.......

Only one left of the next one -  The Farmyard in Patchwork and Applique - a really great book for those of you who like "primitive" applique.......

(Just gave them another block to work on and some homework so I've got another few minutes - wow, this really works!)

The next book is Applique at Play - this book is great for all those sports themed quilts and has 19 sports blocks - I'm gonna try a few one of these days (still diligently working on Sweet Tea! - the classes start on Sunday!).

Last - but not least  is Variations on a Theme by Terry Martin - another one of those books with great ideas!
That's about it for the new stuff and ....class is over so I'm off to work on my Sweet Tea!  (The two things at once concept works great!)

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: