Monday, September 26, 2011

Yes, finally......

I know I have been remiss in blogging but as usual I have an excuse!  Actually, I have a few excuses!  One - I've been working in the store alot since the beginning of the month and it's taken it's toll on my energy levels - I get home and collapse!  Two - there is the technical problem, I either forget the camera in one place or as happened the other day - the battery died!!!!!

Last Thursday we had the Border Creek Station Mystery Quilt Reveal!  I took alot of pictures but as usual not enough - so take a look at how gorgeous these quilts came out, each so different!

First - one not quite finished and on the right the Lazy Lap version - both absolutely gorgeous!
 There are four visible here - all so different........
 One on the table and another two on the left......
 Unfortunately, I didn't get a good one of the front hanging quilt which is done in fabulous pink flannels.......
 We had a large group show up and we all waited patiently for the guest of honour - Sherri!

 
Another gorgeous quilt......
Most of our mystery participants only got tops done but there were two completely finished quilts.....one on the table,  I hear the binding was finished around 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning........
 Sherri arrived but confessed that she didn't do the quilt this year!  However, she brought one of her fabulous pineapple quilts to share.......
She gave us some really great info on next year's mystery and even I signed up for the new one!  Because we all know I have "no" projects on the go.....I need at least one more......
 Here are two more quilts.......
 After all that - I had to share this quilt -  it is Helen's 2009 Border Creek Station Mystery Quilt and it is just stunning........and it has been quilted,  Sandy Lindal did a fabulous job! 
 .....and on the back - another quilt?!?!?  She used her left over batiks to make the back - it too is stunning!
The new Mystery is out and I challenge you to sign up - 8 clues, October to May - then we give you June - September to finish and share!  It's a lot of fun trying to figure out what Sherri's up to and I can't wait!  One tip, if you're going to do it - buy baggies!!!!  It will be a great distraction while I'm on the mend - yet again!  Sign up before September 30th so we can get those first clues in......

Happy Quilting!


Jo-Ann

No comments: