Monday, June 18, 2012

...and again!!!

...time flew while I was busy doing something else I guess!  I also appear to have left the camera at home so the only picture is Bedazzled Daisy which is really a reminder that the class is on Saturday and we have a couple of spaces available.......

This is Carolyn's newest class offering and it's going to be great fun doing it.  Come spend the day with us, lunch is, as always, included and you don't even need to lug your machine......

Before I forget (and just in case time gets away from me again) our In Store Retreat starts on June 28th - Jul 1st.  You don't have to come for the whole 4 days - you can sign up for 1, 2, 3 or all 4 days.....but if there's a project you need to get done we can motivate you, assist you or teach you how to put it together.  No distractions and all meals included - you can't get a better deal than that!!!!

Today was Sit & Sew and as you all know lunch is included.  I am always racking my brains for what to serve and yesterday, being my day off, I did just that....  About midnight I finally came up with an idea and with a little help from an old recipe book I was able to finalize the menu.  The girls were so impressed that I decided to share the "recipe", especially the dressing with all of you.  This really makes for a nice summer salad - no cooking involved unless you add the chicken.....(however, you can get pre-cooked chicken at the supermarkets these days - so it is possible to do no cook).

Okay - here goes....

Greek Salad with Chicken and Mint Vinaigrette

6 cups assorted salad greens
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 medium seedless cucumber cut lengthwise and into slices
1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 medium green onions, sliced
12 Kalamatta or large pitted ripe olives

Prepare salad ingredients in large bowl.  Toss with vinaigrette.
Serves 4

Mint Vinaigrette

3 tbsp. lemon juice (I use a whole lemon)
1-1/2 tsps chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped

Shake all ingredients in titghtly covered container.  (I use the Magic Bullet which really mixes it well and draws out all the flavour from the juices - if you have a small blender - that will work too!)

I served it with warmed bread and butter and it really was delicious!  The best part of course, was it took less than 1/2 hour to prepare.  So quick, easy, no cook - who could ask for anything better on a humid day!

Enjoy this recipe and check for more on our blog - I'm pretty sure this is not the first time I've posted one.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann


No comments: