Friday, July 17, 2009

Tonight was special........

We all love a celebration and tonight at Cock-A Doodle Quilts monthly Friday Sit & Sew we celebrated! It was a full house!

Libby, a customer as well as a quilting friend is getting married tomorrow so we thought we'd give her a quilting night!
Dinner was served and I wanted something really special so I decided to go with a Middle Eastern theme. Hummus, Tahini, Baba Ganoush, Seet Eggplant Salad, Chicken Taboulleh, Tomato and Cucumber Salad and Pita bread. It was a hit! The girls loved it! Normally I do all the cooking (or most of it) but tonight all I made was the Chicken Taboulleh, the rest came from my favourite Mid-eastern restaurant: -
Me-Va-Me
330 Steeles Ave. West
The restaurant is at the northwest corner of Steeles and Bathurst and the take-out place is just east anddown the road on Steeles W. near Hilda. Phenomenal food - the girls will vouch for that!

When Libby showed up we had her don her "princess" attire, a pink boa, necklace and of course her tiara!

I spent the afternoon icing her "princess" (Barbie) cake! I had icing everywhere (the pics have been destroyed) and it was so much fun. I haven't done a specialty cake since Jonathan was little.

As you can see - Libby thought is was great!

A picture with her "look-alike"........

We all waited patiently for a piece of this cake - it was delicious!

Barb and I couldn't resist playing with the bubbles.........it was part of the favours we gave out at the party!

Libby didn't get much quilting done tonight - she has "vacation" nails which she showed off along with Little Rock! Her magnificent engagement ring.

In the meantime - some quilting did get done! Laurissa was busy putting borders on her quilt - stunning as usual! Maybe it'll be a class.......
We also got some quilting done tonight........
For all of you who follow the blog - I apologize for my long absence! I will try to be more diligent in the future! Suffice it to say there have been things going on and I've been distracted but all will be revealed soon........

Barb and I will be attending the nuptials (and taking pics) so stay tuned!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: