Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's been......

It's been 8 days since my last blog....and now I have to play catch-up again!  Oh well, it's not like I haven't been busy!  I made the Mystery Quilt top, I placed some orders (very important - new stuff coming!), I did some much needed book work and I'm pretty sure there was other stuff I was doing?!?! or else where did the time go....

So - beginning with Friday September 10th - we had our Friday night Sit & Sew one week early because we are closing early on the 17th for Yom Kippur and will be closed this coming Saturday....

Rosemary brought in her completed One Block Wonder top and chose a gorgeous border......I wish I could get mine finished, actually I wish I could find my unfinished top???  Hmmm, must be in a bag somewhere!


...and Linda brought in her completed Oh My Gosh! and oh my gosh is it fabulous!  I am going to break down and order the patterns one of these days (soon) because I have a million, no a trillion, scraps to use up!


That takes us to Saturday and the Christmas Club (I know Elaine is waiting for these pics! - since she's off pedalling in Europe!)  So, three people showed up to knock my socks off!

First Beth and this is her fabulous top, so far......


Kristen's gorgeous top is coming along fantastic......

Claire's is finished and I am totally "wowed"........

Now for Sunday - the "girls" were in for their monthly Sit & Sew and showed off their productivity......

Christina is doing the Crayon Quilt - her own way of course!  I love it!

"Nana" made a fabulous baby quilt - it's chenilled......and everyone else was also working away but they didn't give me an opportunity to take many pictures....

Monday was our "normal" (matter of opinion) Sit & Sew and the girls were all geared up for Christmas this week.  Kathy finished a cute apron for her niece who's a teacher and Linda's quilt top from Christmas fabrics is on the design board.  Everyone's starting to make those great Christmas gifts.....


By the way - Melinda's samples arrived yesterday and they are on the front counter!  If you haven't signed up for her class on October 20th - there are about 3 spaces left......so do it soon if you want to get in!  They look great and I can't wait to see what everyone gets done in that class.....

I also got to teach Monday night and it was so much fun!  Beginner Quiltmaking by Machine is the class and I just love sharing my passion for quilting.....by 9:00 P.M. the girls were frazzled but look what they got done.  Maria's is on the right and Sara's is on the left......it's a combo lecture/technique class and it's going really well.  They were so pleased when their blocks came together perfectly!  Needless to say - so was I!


Finally, Ditch Flowers in hanging up in the store!  For those of you who are discouraged when you walk into your sewing rooms by all of your UFO's - this project took 9 YEARS!  I bought the kit in 2001 on a trip to visit my grandmother in New Jersey.  I started working on the center part in the summer of 2003.  I went all the way to Clarence, NY to buy the Tri-Recs tool I needed to do the outside border in the Spring of 2004.  I started doing the blanket stitch around the pitcher and flowers in the Fall of 2008 and I stitched the last stitch of binding on when I was at Libby's the last time.  There are a number of other UFO's (NO I will not tell you how many!!!) downstairs in my sewing room that I will hopefully get to soon but I want to tell you that if you loved it then and you look at it and realize you still love it now - IT WILL GET DONE!


What I found really cool about this project was seeing how much my quilting has evolved over the years.  There are alot of mistakes, like points that got cut off and it's a bit "fluffy" in places but I really do love it and I'm so happy that I finally finished it!  It's inspired me to go downstairs and find the next one.....

In my case I have to fit some time in to work on a UFO - it has to be in between the projects I am completing for the store but I can usually find a little time here and there to concentrate on my UFO - wait until you see what I've picked out for my next "oldie but goodie"!

One more thing before I go off to quilt.....the BORDER CREEK MYSTERY QUILT reveal is on THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 23rd, 2010 from 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. and Shari Hisey will be with us to see all the "AMAZING" quilts!  The new Border Creek Mystery will also be available.....Even if you didn't participate we would welcome you with open arms to come and see all these amazing quilts! (Come see what you've been missing and sign up for the next one!)

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the Christmas Club pictures - where are the rest of the slackers????? I"ll be cracking the whip out when I get back cause I did send them all an e-mail with the dates.

Couldn't get on sooner as access to internet is sporadic and updating the blog has been a priority. TOnight - everything is good!!!! TOmorrow - who knows.