Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm so proud and so awed!

One of the classes that I teach at Cock A Doodle is the Beginner Machine Piecing class and I love doing it!  I always hope to inspire our newest inductees into this fabulous pastime and I love their eagerness to learn....

Although the class is more technique than anything else I did design a quilt which they can chose to make or just make the blocks from the quilt into something a little less daunting, so it's always a joy to see one of my students come in with a completed quilt top......

Yesterday one of my students came in to show me her finished quilt!  I'm so proud of her.  Here's Elizabeth's and she did an awesome job both in her technique as well as her fabric choices.......
It really turned out beautifully - now she's going to quilt it!  I can't wait to see it done......

Today was Nancy's Next Step Applique class and I just had to have a photo of their progress.....the blocks are just awesome!  I think I may take this class next session!  I really need to get some practice on my applique techniques.....Check out these great blocks!
Okay - this photo does not do them justice so check out Fancy Nancy's blog because she took some pictures too!  If they aren't posted yet, send her a comment to UPDATE her blog and she'll do it!

Tomorrow I'll be FINALLY placing orders so look for all the new stuff which should be arriving shortly.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: