Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I've been told.......

That's it's been too long between blogs.......and I agree!  It's just been a busy two weeks, I moved, am unpacking and getting ready to go for surgery tomorrow, so.....I wanted to make sure I at least got you all caught up with the store stuff!

We had a fabulous class on the 9th - Miniatures - and I will show a few pics of what was made.....

Here's Nancy's - she's totally focused....

 This is Helen's.......
This is Barb's.......

.....and finally mine......I took the class!  Elaine was amazing as usual!
 This is mine finished....not quilted yet but the top is done!
 ...and here's Barb's, also finished but not quilted yet!
Why am I showing you all this - because....I am hooked and so is Barb so there is a Miniature's Club coming in the near future!  We'll keep you posted!

Now for the weekend - our BOM Aunt Millie's Garden is now officially on it's way and here are the January blocks........they are gorgeous!  Can't wait to see how the black background evolves......
 Here's Nancy teaching her - Next Step Applique - a higher level of applique than beginner and quite a nice pattern too!  The ladies are all enjoying this class......
Liz kindly shared her blocks with us........they are really coming out nicely!
...and a rare shot of Nancy working - only kidding!  She really works hard to keep her customers happy.....
Even though the construction is still going on next door we seem to be able to work through the noise, hopefully it will all be over soon and we can enjoy the old peace and quiet we always took for granted.....

I am off for the next week and will miss a few evenings at the store, Baltimore Album, The Art Quilt Club and possibly our Friday night Sit & Sew but I should be back in the swing by next Tuesday....I'll try to keep you all posted on my recovery!  (I do plan on getting some quilting done this week but as they say - best laid plans, we'll see how I feel!)

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how come there isn't a picture of Jo-ann working?
From a concerned employee not Nancy