Saturday, January 29, 2011

If I could hear myself think!???!

This has really been a week!  The unit next door to ours has finally been rented out and they have started renovations!  The noise, along with all of the other issues that go with renovating has been deafening - really hard to think!  I know that Kathy, Sharon, Nancy and I have been counting the minutes some days to quitting time just to get away from it!  Hopefully it will be over sooner rather than later......they say only a few weeks!?!?!

At any rate, we are still carrying on as usual and with that Nancy has chosen her colors for Block 2 of Aunt Millie's Garden - they are gorgeous as usual!
 Here's the block she's going to teach in month 2!  Another stunner.......
 I also wanted to share this quilt with you!  If you remember, in the fall we had the reveal for the Border Creek Mystery quilt - this was Gail's!  She took it to Sandy Lindal to have it quilted and picked it up yesterday!  She came right over to show us and to pick out some binding.......
 Sandy did the most fabulous quilting job - feathers in those gorgeous gold blocks.......
.....then piano keys on the borders, it's really stunning!  And Gail's choice of fabrics is so beautiful!
 One more look with Gail (the shorter side) and Nancy holding it up.....truly a masterpiece!
FYI - Sandy is taking in quilts for March so book now!  With her fabulous quilting she will fill up really fast and I have one I've got to finish piecing for her too!

Last night was Applique Club - so a little Bruschetta, some cheese and crackers and of course grapes - the only thing missing was the wine, and we fuelled up to work on our hand work.......
It was a full table and the Baltimore Albums and Aunt Millie's Gardens seemed to be the work of the evening.  I was working on my Farmer's Wife.....

Probably the last quilting I'll get to do until after I move....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: