Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not so nice out.....

It's around 7:00 P.M. and I think I am going to close up after I blog (excuse to go home and work on Molly's Meadow!), it's pretty nasty out thereand I really don't think anyone will be coming by tonight......

In any event, that doesn't mean we didn't have visitors today.  Erica and Kiyomi dropped by and Erica finished this great quilt top - done with one fabric - a striped batik!  Isn't it the coolest!  I gotta try this - it's all about the angle you cut it for sure......

The next photo belongs to Linda Van Lierde, who with Karen Wold does a really cool presentation on the classes they have taken together and is doing this tonight at the Mississauga Quilters Guild.  These are blocks from some of the classes she took this fall........

I would be remiss if I didn't show you Raili's gorgeous Circles of the Moon tablerunner done in a recent class at the store....it really is stunning.......

So our first Thursday Sit & Sew of the New Year took off and loads got done....Annadelle tells me she has organized all of her UFO's and thinks she hasmore than me (not possible!),  I don't just have the ones at home, I have all the ones at the store too! In any event, her plan is to get them done!!!!  Sound familiar?!?!  We're all going to try this year.....for sure!

Andie came in to share a quilt she finished over the holidays (literally over the holidays - this was not a UFO - she started it and finished the top in the past month!)  I'm drooling, it is all hand appliqued......it's from one of the Kim Diehl books - I think the new one but will have to find out from her.....

Nancy brought in a little piece she put together this past week (by the way, she says she updated her blog).  She says she found these discarded Dear Jane blocks in the trash (Barb gave them to her, I think because she didn't like the colourway) so she made a small wall hanging which we are lucky enough to have displayed in the store......it is very Civil War but I really love it.....

Okay it's 7:15 P.M. and the snow is still coming down and I have to clean the car - ugh!  But I really don't think there are going to be any quilting "emergencies" in the next 45 minutes so I am going to pack up and go home....seeing all this stuff has inspired me to work on Molly's Meadow....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: