Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's all about temptation!

We are constantly receiving new books in the store and it's all I can do to stop myself from starting new projects....  2011 is all about FOCUS for me so I can get some of the MANY projects I've started completed......but when the new books arrive I am always inspired and of course have already made mental notes on which projects I want to tackle......

First, and this one is right up my alley!  Scrap Quilts Go Country by Deanne Eisenman.  The nice part about this book is it adapts to Jelly Rolls and Charm Packs so you can really use up all that stuff you bought on a whim because you loved it when you saw it (hmmm, yes I am also guilty of that passion!).
The second book is also a great "idea" book - Modern Basics by Amy Ellis - real contemporary quilts, great for beginners but also great for quick quilts for gifts or for charitable causes......I may even donate one of these books to our Healing Heroes group!
The third book is just plain fun!  A Year In The Life of Sunbonnet Sue! by Christine Porter and Darra Williamson.  I am not a huge fan of "Sue" but these little quilts are just adorable.....

Last, I started thinking outside the box when I ordered this one - meaning - it's not all quilting!  Fabric is fun and should decorate our lives so I ordered Sew Decorative from SewNews..... Some really great little projects in this book and it's great to use as a reference for a little home decorating!  After all it's nice to have stuff that goes with all the quilts we make.....

As most of you know these four books are just a drop in the bucket of the selection of books that we carry.....Come in and grab a comfy seat by our "Book Nook" and inspire yourself!  There's nothing more relaxing than being around fabric, books, patterns and all the wonderful samples we have on display.  Coffee's on!  Come visit!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: