Thursday, March 31, 2011

We're having some fun.....

We just got in two new collections and we're all busy making up store samples.  Yes even me.....I know, another project!!!!  However this is my "store" project which I can only work on in the store......

The fabrics are great!  First there is "Counting Sheep" which has two free quilt patterns - one with the panel, which I am "whipping" up! and the other with this fabulous border print which Nancy is going to start on tomorrow......

Here's the panel -
 ...and here are all the co-ordinates including the border print!  They are just adorable!  If you love sheep - you will love these fabrics......
The other great collection that came in is "Quilting Purrfection" and you just have to see these kittens......so cute!  Sharon has taken on the free quilt pattern sample so that should be completed soon and Nancy whipped up the bag this afternoon!  It took her about 3-1/2 hours and it was done!

Here are the fabrics.....
This is a photo of the free pattern sheet...... 
 ...and here's the bag Nancy whipped up this afternoon!  It's got lots of pockets and is a really nice size bag....
In addition we got in three fabulous new books!  501 Quilting Motifs by Quiltmakers - a great go to book for machine quilting......
 Inspired by Tradition by Kay Mackenzie - I fell in love with the cover and Nancy has already picked a project to do a class on......can't wait to see her version.....
For something a little different! I chose Sewing Pottery by Machine by Barbara Warholic and I think (don't quote me!) that Kathy wants to do a sample and possibly teach a class on this one.......we'll see!  Really looks pretty cool!  
Okay - I have to get back to my store sample - distractions, distractions!  but I really wanted to tell you about all the new stuff!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: