Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A little inspiration!

I am sometimes, no, correction, always - blown away by my customers!  They motivate and inspire me and I am usually awed and speechless by their gorgeous creations!  Sunday was no exception......

Andie came by to show me her latest!  She picked out the fabrics earlier in the week and came back with the completed "masterpiece" on Sunday.  Just a little background here, she's been quilting for a little over a year and has produced at least 10 quilts, some for Healing Heroes....a real inspiration, and proof that there is even hope for me!  

Check out this awesome and inspiring baby quilt for her grandson....the front has Ethan's favourite sleeper on it (which he has grown out of) and if you click on the photo you'll see the background is bears and sleepers...... 
 The back is just as inspiring, an alphabet panel which makes this a learning quilt too!  It was so inspiring that a customer in the store at the time purchased the fabrics to make two alphabet quilts for her grandchildren, a boy and a girl!
It's amazing what you can do with one of these panels they come out with!  The real joy is - that even though it's a "mass produced" panel, each quilt turns out unique with a quilters' loving touch!

Yesterday I happened into the classroom while Linda was laying out yet another quilt pattern from that fantastic book - Scrapbook Surprises!  It's a ribbon pattern and it is going to be absolutely awesome! 

My personal inspiration arrived yesterday in the form of two big boxes full of goodies that I had ordered for the store.....one of my customers special ordered this book and since I have coveted this book for over a year I decided to order 2 and "possibly" keep one for myself......

FibreArt Montage by Judith Baker Montano is a quilter's "coffee table" book!  It's pricey but worth every single penny!  I don't stock it in the store but will happily special order it! (I usually order a few extra when I do that)!  It is a book where she combines quilting, embroidery and photography with embellishment and it really is absolutely amazing......
Of course, that was not enough for me!  I also had a special order for another one of Judith's books and of course, ordered one extra for me!  It's her Embroidery & Crazy Quilt STITCH TOOL!  Another really amazing and inspiring book!  I'm not exactly sure what I have planned for this one but I know that I do intend to use it soon......It even has a stand so that it stands on it's own!
 I can see hours of decorative stitching in my future.......FYI - if there's a book you want and we can get it, we will be more than happy to special order it!  I've even been known to add a few extra to the order if it's something that interests us and I think others will be inspired, so don't be shy - if you don't see something in the store, just ask!

I am off to lose myself in two very inspiring books....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: