Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm thrilled!

First, because we've made a few changes at the store!  We have moved the patterns off those "unmanageable" turning racks (I think that's what Barb called them today - or maybe she used a "stronger" adjective!  ...and yes she has been urging me to do this for a few years now!) and put them on THE WALL!

 The second thing that is thrilling me, is that I have been working on revamping my Beginner Machine Piecing and Quilting class and I have developed 3 quilt tops for my students to make.  By the time they finish this class they will be advanced!!! It's designed to give them a thorough overall look at traditional quilting, so my first project for the class is a Rail Fence Table Topper.  I dipped into my stash and came up with this.
This second one is my absolute favourite quilt!  This version is called Amish Shadow and is done in solids.  I can't wait to quilt it - I'm already planning the designs.....
 Neither of these two quilts take long as one is a Table Topper and the other finishes at 42.5" square.  The third quilt is a Sampler and also a wall hanging but it'll be awhile before I can show the prototype as it's still in the works.  I finished the other two tops this week so I have to get back to some other stuff real soon.

STASHBUSTERS CLUB

Gillian's quilt (lower left) is definitely a "stashbuster" and is loosely based on the book Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston -


 On the upper right is Linda V.'s blocks for O Tannenbaum, her Christmas Club quilt - she's got them all done!!!!  Lots of hard work here....for a Christmas Club update on the blocks already done check out Elaine's blog - www.crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com (or click on blogs we follow at the side of this page) - she's pretty current!
 This is what Karen was doing - along with knitting a lace shawl!  I guess you can "stashbust" your yarn stash too!
 ....and I was really working hard, lying down on the job again!!!!!
Missy joined us Thursday night (Gillian's dog) and she thought lying down on the job was a great idea.  Needless to say we had a great time!

You should join us - it's the second Thursday of the month - 6:30 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. - bring your dinner (we've got snacks) and your scraps, strips, fat quarters, etc. and we'll get busy making some great scrap quilts.....we've got some great ideas and some great free patterns.....It's alot of fun!

Just give us a call to book your spot...in the meantime!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: