Friday, September 21, 2012

More, more, more!

The "Smushies" have arrived!  What is a "smushie", usually it is a tone on tone, a background, a zinger for all your fabulous prints....that's a "smushie"!!!  These fabulous fabrics are Michael Miller Krystal and hard to resist at 30% off!!!!  That red and orange are to die for!
As you all know, I love it when my customers come in and share their fabulous creations.  Marlane brought her "Cabin In The Woods" quilt in today and found the perfect backing (at 30% off) but also allowed me to take a picture of her and friend Pat holding it up.
"Cabin In The Woods"
From the book - Welcome to My Cabin
by Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan
Possibilities

I also love September!  It's the time of year when quilters come back to the store for our evening Sit & Sew's.  Tonight was no exception.  There were eight of us spread out along the tables and everyone worked diligently on their various projects.  Dinner was Beef Stew with Crusty Bread and a mixed Salad, dessert was Caramel Apple Cheescake and Caramel Chocolate Pecan cheesecake.  I'm exhausted but it's that "good" exhaustion you feel after a day well spent.  I was right this morning when I posted on facebook - It's a beautiful day!  It truly was!

The dishes are in the dishwasher and the kitchen has been tidied.  Just waiting for the day to be over and Liz to drop me off at home where I can unwind a bit before bed! 

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: