Sunday, November 22, 2009

The 4th Year begins.........

We would like to thank all of our wonderful customers for coming in to wish us a Happy Anniversary and join us in celebrating the start of our 4th year! We are indebted to you all for our success!!!! Thank you all so much!

Jo-Ann, Barb, Kathy, Sharon, Nancy, Mary and Judith


Friday night we had our monthly Sit & Sew and Lynn brought in this "masterpiece" - isn't this stunning.....but that's not all.......
Check out the back of the quilt........ I love it! Lynn puts as much thought into the backs of her quilts as she puts love on the front! I have watched her painstakingly piece her quilt backs as carefully as she pieces the fronts. A lesson to us all - and not a scrap unused.......
I have been working on a knitted baby blanket the past few weeks (the quilt is already done)! It is for my god son's baby boy due the end of this month. I very rarely knit these days and I will be happy once this is done but, there is a story behind it! When Oren was born I had knitted him a blanket in variegated baby yarn like this one (acrylic) which he "shlepped" around until he was 4......there is still a piece of it somewhere about a 4' x 6' square......so, his first child should also have the same opportunity! This one is made from 100% Cotton so hopefully it will hold up to the abuse!

Anyway - the reason I am telling you all this is because I am a spoiled brat! Instead of sewing with the girls on Friday night I was going to knit that blanket (hopefully finish it)! I said I was going to go sit in one of the big red chairs in the store so I would be comfortable......This is a picture of Gillian, Barb and Sharon trying to get the stupid chair through the door so I could sit with them.......
...actually I am grateful that I am spoiled, however when they threatened to take the legs off I settled for it just being placed outside the classroom door where I could still partake in all the fun.....I didn't get much knitting done because I was falling asleep in the chair it was so comfortable......
Today was the last day of our annual anniversary sale, it was also Block Of The Month (Month 10) so we were busy, busy, busy! After lunch things kind of died down a little bit and Sonya (my new Janome) was beckoning.......so I decided to give her a little workout!
Gillian (one of our Sit & Sew regulars) is doing a project which she has taken upon herself as a tribute to a young woman who, before her tragic death in a car accident worked in an orphanage for special needs children in Bangladesh. There are 31 kids in the orphanage and Gillian has pledged to make them each a quilt. On Friday night at Sit & Sew she was busy cutting 10' blocks to make these quilts....I couldn't stand by idly so I offered to make some too!
Since Sonya needed a workout and I needed some relaxation I stayed tonight to finish the quilt top I started after lunch and then decided, since there were enough blocks I'd just get a second one done while I was at it! Okay Gillian, only 29 tops to go and then we start quilting!
The fabrics she cut are really nice and bright! The kids will love these!...and they will give me the chance to see what a great job Sonya does on the quilting! How cool is that!


Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: