Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hi again!

I am still stuck in the back office drowning in paperwork but I decided to come up for air for a few moments.....and realized it is already November 10th! I'm sure some of you are also scrambling trying to get stuff done for that upcoming holiday I will not yet mention, however,

.....below you will see a gorgeous ________ Skirt for which we have a free pattern if you are interested. I made mine with a "seasonal" fabric and muslin and it is really nice.....Sandy Lindal quilted the tree stencil on for me (way back when)! I believe I made this in 2006 and was in our "seasonal" display the first year....but it is really a "timeless" pattern.......

If you are looking for a quick gift idea (for any occasion) this Rag Quilt made from Yarn Dyes or Homespuns is the ticket. Barb designed it, Sharon put it together and then Barb took it to the laundromat to give it a wash! It is so soft and cuddly...as much as I love flannel rag quilts - I think I like these more....they aren't as heavy yet they are really warm and cuddly too! Hmmm.....I think you may see some more homespuns in the store in the near future.....
Just a reminder as to what's coming up! Rooster Stew III is due today or by Friday at the latest (Elaine you still have time!). The Underground Railroad Club is meeting tonight and Thursday afternoon - there are spaces but call ahead to reserve. Kathy will be teaching Snail's Trail Takes a Detour from the book Scrap Basket Surprises on Friday and Barb is teaching Boxers or.....on Saturday.


The third and final instalment of the Take Away Mystery will be ready on Sunday for pick-up. Psssssst! Same day the SALE starts.......

Brenda Claire is teaching Tumbling Blocks and Make & Take Ornaments on Tuesday November 17th and Christmas Trees on November 19th.

SPECIAL EVENT - Jane Burke will be here to entertain us with Antique Bed Turning on Thursday November 19th from 7:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. and I am really looking forward to seeing this presentation.

That keeps us up to date for the next 2 weeks. Hope those of you who took the challenge fabric are planning on getting your entries in soon - the prizes are really great and it's always alot of fun!

Hope to see you all soon (gotta get out of the back office!)

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: