Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dog Day Afternoon......


So, let's start with yesterday before we head for the Saturday Dog Day's..........

The UPS truck arrived with loads of fabric so Sharon and I spent a couple of hours marking, cutting and moving....

First there is - Turn of the Century from Exclusively Quilters.....


..........and for a closer look...........



Then there's some great landscape fabrics........



And last but not at all least, there's Froggie's - adorable, colourful and lots of fun prints and co-ordinates....



And I too, have Block 2 done of the Marti Michell Block of the Month - American Beauty!



Last night was our monthly Sit & Sew and Lynn got her two quilts back from Margaret Mitchell who did a wonderful job quilting them both.......
They are for her twin grandson's - for their big beds........the boys are 3-1/2 aand sound like two handfuls but they will just love the bright colours in these quilts - I believe the fabric is the Califon line that Mark Lipinsky designed for Northcott......



Oh yeah, and here's Block 3 of American Beauty............



Today was our Block of The Month day however, it being the Saturday before Christmas, everyone seemed to be working on everything BUT their Block of the Month........Liz got this cute little paper pieced snowman quilted (She took Barb's paper piecing class a couple of weeks ago and I think she's made 3 or more)........
 

Libby stopped by in the afternoon with the new puppy - Luna, she is absolutely the cutest!  Her paws are bigger than she is.  She's adorable!
 

.....and Karin happened to have Blackie out in the car so he was invited in for a play date with Luna....they had a great time!  If only we could teach them to quilt.....we could double our output!  I'll have to have a chat with Bosley when I get home...he's gotta stop eating the fabric first!



Oh my look at this!  Here's Block 4 of the Marti Michell...........I was really on a roll tonite!


Block 5 is almost done as well - I think I may go home and start cutting sashing, I think I'm going to need it sooner than I thought..........I'll have to go check Elaine's blog (there's a link on the right side of our blog) to see how far she's gotten, but I think I'm well in the lead now.......We'll see if I can keep up the pace!

I have to start working on the "other" Block of the Month quilt too!  All the fabrics will be arriving on Monday and that one is machine applique so I have to start cutting right away......

I also started the newsletter today and I have to say - we have some really fabulous NEW classes coming up as well as another weekly Sit & Sew day......I'm getting excited and I really need to get home and get to bed....

Tomorrow is another day....

Happy Quilting Everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments: