Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finally, it's here!

Friday April 22, 2011

Our first "In Store Retreat" has finally arrived and I know there were at least 8 women looking forward to this weekend......

They arrived one by one with bags and bags of projects and machines beginning around 3:30 P.M. on Friday with Marion bringing up the rear at around 6:00 P.M. (She needed a nap after brunch - at least that's what Elaine told us)!

I had already been busy, sewing a sleeve, label and binding on my Kaffe Fassett - Holy Snowballs quilt and putting the last border on my Counting Sheep Panel quilt...but that's where I stopped....

Cathie walked in at 4:00 P.M. and by 10 after had this beauty out to show us, just needs binding.....
Although we were "officially" closed, I had gotten a call from a quilter who had never been to the store and was coming by TTC from Scarborough, so I invited her to come anytime during the weekend.  She came by around 2:00 P.M. and ended up staying for dinner - Baked Salmon, Broccoli and Smashed Potatoes with Cheesecake for dessert.  Having kept her more than occupied until almost 9:00 P.M. and sending her off to brave the "holiday" hours of the TTC with a huge bag of fabrics was not going to be the case, so in the spirit of being a "Full Service Quilt Store", I drove her home. 

While I was gone - Karen managed to get this little number done......

Marion pulled out this gorgeous cross stitch that her mother made of Dutch Houses which she intends to re-invent.....
I, always the optimist, set up my 2 machines, one for piecing and one for quilting.....note, there is nothing at either!  I got a little off track with my "special" customer and the Cock A Doodle Taxi Service, but I still have another 3 days......

Elaine was quietly industrious and managed to get her "homework" done for a class she is teaching Saturday morning (today actually)......and left at 10:30 P.M. so she could get her "beauty" sleep.....

The last straglers left around 12:15 A.M. and I wasn't far behind, making it to bed by 1:30 A.M.

Saturday April 23, 2011

I was up bright and early and breakfast was ready when the girls showed up at 10:00 A.M. - Coffee (of course) Bagels with cream cheese, butter or jam, Warm muffins - blueberry or apple, Orange Juice, Granola cereal!  Needless to say no one chose the granola......

....and the girls came ready to work - I brought my Island Chain to show them my progress....it's next to another Mystery Quilt from July 2007 that Karen is trying to finish.....

Cathie's got a 4 patch posie she's trying to get finished - it's gorgeous!

Gillian is working on her One Block Wonder, Sharon is busy with a Mystery Quilt and Marion is working on a really cool applique.....I need to get back on track and get some quilting done! 

This is really working out great and I'm glad I decided to do this - even the odd customer pops in not realizing were closed (quilting emergencies are allowed anytime!)  so I guess we're sort of open!

Need to go check on lunch and get some work done!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: