Monday, April 11, 2011

Whoda thunk it?!?!

I have to say when we decided to run a class for One Block Wonder I was a little unsure of what the response would be.  Not only did we fill this class but these ladies spent a marvelous Saturday creating fabulous blocks......

Elaine is the ultimate teacher and even I brought my attempt at One Block Wonder from 2007 (another UFO).  I unfortunately was also busy in the store so I didn't get alot done but here are my blocks, starting to look like something.....of course I have no idea where the original fabric I used is.  I do know that it was a breeze to find this UFO because after the move everything is sorted and easy to find.......
Elaine started a second One Block Wonder - this is the fabric she started with......
Check out what came from this......
Once they settled in to work - the class took over the whole store including our cutting table in the store........

Cathie had some awesome fabric - really colourful........

 A little hard to see on the ironing board but the blocks are coming out awesome.....
 Cathie's are the ones in the top right.......
Gail's fabric is the same as Cathie's but a different colourway - awesome!

 Her blocks are centre top....really cool!
Aafje's fabric is a Kaffe Fassett in beautiful autumn colours.......

 Here are the start of her blocks......hopefully she'll be bringing this to Monday Sit & Sews so we can watch it evolve......
Chrystle, like me, had already taken the class and just wanted a refresher course!  Her UFO is much closer to being completed than mine and is going to be stunning.......

This is Angie's fabric......geishas! 
 Here are some of her blocks......
More blocks in the top left corner......

Gillian chose this fabric, gorgeous!

 Check out what happens once they're cut.....
 Here are 10 of her blocks - it's just so cool to see this come together......
This is Shirley's fabric, a smaller repeat but........

still really effective....... 
 A huge variety of movement here....it's going to be gorgeous......
 They are all going to be amazing, I think we'll have to run this class again, you can't beat this technique - it's really a winner!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: