Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a weekend......

Saturday April 23, 2011

The girls arrive bright and early (10:00 A.M. - that's "my" early) to get going on all their projects.  They came up with this great idea, when they finished a project, they got to ring the Cock A Doodle dinner bell!  It's the bell I use to call them to meals.....

After Elaine started ringing the bell on a regular basis they decided to hide the bell from her - we also changed the rules - bringing finished tops that just need borders and binding made do not constitute "finishing| projects!  It's a new rule for the next retreat!

Marion is working on this fabulous applique - can't wait to see this one done!

Gillian has taken over the design wall with her One Block Wonder - it looks awesome.......
 Lunch has been served, Frittata, Salad and Cheese bread......
 Dinner consisted of one of our favourites, Hot Dogs, Beans and Potato Chips - they got brownies for dessert......
Karen showed off one of her recent Mystery Quilts - done!
Cathie and Andie are holding up Cathie's 4 Patch Posie.....absolutely awesome!
 Elaine thinks so too - this is her head taking a picture.......check her blog - her pics are less blurry......
Aha - I did get one decent picture......it really is awesome!
They worked hard - late into the night.......
 On and on into the night.......
I actually went home early but I heard they were there until midnight.......

Sunday April 24, 2011

Another day, more projects but first, bright and early and breakfast is served!
Pancakes......with cherry sauce and maple syrup!
 Here's Andie hard at work cutting 1" squares for her amazing quilt!
 Lunch is served, Fresh veggies with dip, cheeses and crackers....because I pu dinner in the oven and went home to rest up for the evening!
 Before I left I caught Elaine working on this Buggy Barn pattern......
When I got back Sharon had finished her Mystery Quilt from April and so we were able to put it next to Karen's - they really are all "one of a kind" and each of them is gorgeous!  Hmmm...should have put mine in the mix too!  Oh well, will remember that next time......
 This is the beginning of Andie's 1/2" square quilt - each square is a different fabric so far.....she intends to use 90,000 squares.........it's going to be amazing.......
 This is really what everyone was waiting for - dinner - Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, Brussel Sprouts and gravy......dessert was Apple Strudel and Ice Cream......
 Hmmm.....this is what I was doing this afternoon while I was supposed to be resting.....slowly but surely and I will try to get at least one "unblurry" picture by the time I finish it.......
 To the right of my gorgeous batik is another one of Andie's creations which is going to be totally awesome and it is destined for our Healing Heroes program.  It will be stunning!
 In the meantime Elaine's stars are growing and growing........
 Again, they worked until almost midnight, some left a little earlier but most made it to the end......

Monday April 25, 2011

Brunch only - Egg and Cheese Casserole, Bacon, Suasage and fresh baked croissants - lovely warmed bluberry muffins and apple muffins for dessert!  Admittedly I spent most of my weekend in the kitchen but you have to remember I love cooking almost as much as I love quilting......
What a fabulous weekend, it really was alot of fun!  I think we'll definitely be doing this again.......hopefully soon!

I took a poll before they all left and they would all come back for this one!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: