Sunday, December 4, 2011

Seems to me.......


...there's always something happening in the classroom these days!  Today my Sunday ladies showed up for the day and there was a "special" birthday too!!!!
Here they are all busy working away but as always we want to see some Show & Share.....

 Cathie has been busy this month and got a Christmas quilt top done from a kit she bought.....
 Here's her and Gail showing off her new tablerunner....sorry Cathie, I cut off your head!!! (You guys know I can't take pictures....
Okay - tablerunner with Cathie - with head!
...and again!  Cathie with a mantle cover which is quite stunning..... 
 Ginger was also major busy.....this an x-mas gift for her mom, second time she's done this pattern and she says it's the last, but I think it's a great "go to" pattern for a quick quilt.....
 She also finished up a charm square baby quilt which is adorable!...and sooooo easy to make up!  If you've got any of those charm squares lying around, this is a great way to use them up!
 We were also celebrating Gail's birthday today!!!!  So Christina ran off in the middle of the day to snag this cake.....and she blew out the candles (she's 39!!!) NOT!
 ....Then came the gifts, from Mom she received a great Amy Bradley pattern Merry Christmas!

Christina bought her a lovely new robe which she modeled......
 ....Cathie gave her a gorgeous scarf, mauve and silver......
 ...and a very cool scarf hanger which looks like a butterfly!  They are all going out to dinner at Zorro's Steakhouse out by the airport and I'm sure it will be a very memorable birthday!
 On the right is Cathie's tree skirt she's working on and on the left is Donna's gorgeous batik, because while we were all gabbing and eating and carrying on some people were actually working on their quilts!  LOL  Only kidding, aside from me, everyone got something done today......
On that note - I have the kitchen to clean up so I can cook tomorrow, the classroom to tidy and "Sonia" and my quilt to pack up so they can go back home again - there's never any room nor time for me to sew on Monday's so no point in leaving my "darling" Janome here!  Besides I might actually get some sewing done tonight  -  we'll see!


No comments: