Tuesday, May 22, 2012

10 days later!

I was definitely busy for the last 10 days with the newsletter and the Open House this past weekend.  Classes are filling up fast so if you want to sign up for something, now's the time....

Speaking of classes, Pat dropped by and dropped off "Miranda", who is going to be a resident at the "Doodle" for awhile.  Her and Elisabeth are announcing our Dollmaking Workshop which will take place September 22 and 23, 2012.  You can definitely reserve your spot now.  We're very excited to be offering this class so come by and visit with the "ladies"........

Friday night was was our monthly evening Sit & Sew and the girls wanted me to mention that we miss you all there!  They also wanted to gloat as I made my famous Zuchinni Quiche, actually I made two - there were 10 of us and there wasn't a morsel left....... 
Of course I added a mixed salad with that, which was scrumptious!  With cheesecake for dessert - well, let's just say they had a great time, and even managed to get some quilting done.....
 I have also been busy cleaning out a storage unit which has uncovered all kinds of goodies!  This antique spool holder was one of them.  Unfortunately I have no place to keep it in the apartment so I put it up for sale on Friday night.  Liz spoke quickly and the gavel went down - it was SOLD!  However, she didn't pick it up until Saturday morning at Christmas Club.  It appears I should have waited, seems I could have auctioned it off to the highest bidder!!!!  Oh well, actually I am very happy that it is going to a loving home and Liz will cherish it! 
 Speaking of Christmas Club - here are a few of the Critters which arrived Saturday morning.  We seem to be a few short - you all know who you are, and of course one of the Mitten Blocks turned into a beaver...oh my, who's could that be!  I won't say - we don't want to encourage her!!!!
 ...and then there is O'Tannenbaum.  They had to do two star blocks.....of course there's always one over achiever in the group and I have to say that she did a fabulous job!  The center of her quilt is basically done.......One more month and then they are off for the summer (July and August) with loads of homework......
 Klara dropped by on Saturday to show off this fabulous quilt top which is a version of Log Cabin.  I think it's awesome - with hits of colour randomly dispersed amongst the logs.......
 Of course, it was the long weekend this weekend and even I had two days off, in which I did absolutely nothing!  I mean really - nothing - not even one stitch done.....even I can't believe it but I did get some rest.  So when Andi popped by to show me yet another project finished, I was blown away - not to mention feeling guilty.

Check this one out - from the book Prairie Point Pizazz (you remember that black and pink quilt she did)!  This baby quilt is adorable........the pinwheels are all prairie points......
Which means they open to reveal lady bugs and butterflies........ 
 Or Care Bears......
 Or a doggy and his bowl of food.......
All the little motifs are fussy cut, fused and stitched down.....Andi made this for her son-in-law's brother's baby but her grandson (fluff) was over this weekend and had a ball with this quilt.

Needless to say that book (Prairie Point Pizazz) will be on my next order.  If you want a copy - give me a call and I'll order some extras.....

I guess I'm going home to get some quilting done tonight - for a change!  It appears I find myself sorely behind in my projects...she's just to fast for me!

The August Mystery quilt is designed and ready to go - have you signed up yet????

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: