Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tip and a Teaser!

Two days in a row!  That hasn't happened in a long while!!!!  So which do you want first - the tip or the teaser!  I get to choose so I will go for the teaser.....

Many of you have admired this little wallhanging when you've been to the store and back in September we offered a class - well here it is again!

 Pop Up - Adding the 3rd Dimension 

The class will be offered as a two-day workshop, Saturday May 26th and Sunday May 27th.  This may be your last chance to take this class with Pam (Woodward) as she is leaving town!!!  Moving away and I'm not sure when we will have the opportunity to host a class with her at the store again. 

If you've ever wanted to add pizzazz to any of your quilts - this is the workshop you DON'T want to miss.  I personally would love to sit in on this one but I will be very busy making your lunches for those two days.  If you are interested and want to get a jump on the newsletter announcement, call the store and sign up now.....

Now the tip!

On Sunday I got a call from one of our 9 Patch exchangers - she was calling from the emergency at Sunnybrook!  She's okay - not to worry but, her index finger is missing a bit of flesh.....why you ask?  She cut the tip of her index finger off with a rotary cutter!!!!  She was using a small ruler, presumably to square up her blocks and a 45mm(usual size we use)rotary cutter.

I've had a couple of days to think about this little "accident" and I believe after testing the theory myself, I've come up with a solution.  When using "small" rulers - i.e. 6-1/2" squares and smaller, use a smaller Rotary Cutter, like a 28mm or an 18mm.  Checking it out with my 3-1/2" ruler (I'm also doing the 9 Patch Exchange) I found the 18mm was just the right size not to go over the side of the small ruler.......the chances of having an accident are greatly reduced!!!!

On that note - I will get back to working on the newsletter which I am sure you are all waiting for......

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: