Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NEW Tool!?!?!

Many of you were at the York Heritage Quilters Guild meeting last night and were introduced to a fabulous "new" tool by Renae Merrill, the guest speaker.  She called it a "seam presser"!  Since they haven't as yet made an "overpriced" quilters tool out of this yet I will tell you what will work......and also what I think it is! 


It's a Wallpaper Seam Presser -






They come in all different shapes, sizes and are made from metal, plastic and wood.  I'm not sure what they cost but probably under $10.00 and are available at your local Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's and Home Hardware.  I'll bet you can even get them at the dollar store......

It was Barb who clued in right away when she saw the actual "tool".  Since they don't make the "overpriced" quilters version yet - I suggest you all hit the hardware store.

I have to admit it really is a great idea when you're paper piecing to have this "tool" or something similar available, especially when the pieces are small and close together......

That's my tip for the week and I do intend to go out and get one tonight!!!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: