Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013........

It's here!!!  Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Have you made any resolutions?

Are you ready to take on 2013?

Quilting Resolution Tip

If you are anything like me - there is the UFO resolution - to finish more UFO's!  

First, make a list of your UFO's and list also, the reason why it is a UFO.  Was it a class piece, was there a mistake that had to be fixed, etc.  Do you need some help to complete the piece?  You just don't like it - could you make it into a Charity Quilt?  Are you ever going to finish it?  Should you donate it and let someone else finish it?  

Rather than add it to your UFO list, decide what you really want to do with it. That is my resolution for 2013.  Rather than continue to harbour all of these projects and list them every year as UFO's - I am choosing to sort them as they should be sorted.


On that note, there is always help - join one of our Sit & Sew's - Mondays, Thursdays or the third Friday evening of the month.  If it's a hand piece make it the fourth Friday evening of the month.  There is always someone who can guide you if you have a question or need some help.  Or you can book a "private class" and get some of those "old" projects completed.



I think that my biggest problem is finding time to quilt so that is really my first resolution - find more time to quilt!  I am off to do just that!  I am working on so many projects at this time I cannot count, but first things first - I have run out of basting pins so rather than buy more I am finally attacking the pile of quilts that need to be quilted.

The first is the one I posted the other day on my personal blog - Jo-Ann's Creations, Trials & Tribulations! www.creationsbyjoann.blogspot.com.

This is a rare day off for me so I am going to enjoy it....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: