Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where does it go......

I have been focused - on quilting and preparing the newsletter which is about to hit the "waves".  (Internet air waves...)

So the Asian Invasion has inspired me - below the beginnings of my Bento Box quilt - I'm using the Anna Griffin Asians to do it.  The middle block didn't really work for me so I've since "unstitched" it and used the fabrics for two other blocks which I will share next time.  I think it's going to be awesome and I'm working on it at the store so come by and check out my progress....

 Bento Box quilt

On the home front, Amish With A Twist is coming along fine.  I completed Block 12 - Birds In The Air and the extras for the first border.
 Block 12 - Birds In The Air

I spent Saturday at the store cutting out the fabrics for Lessons 13, 14 and 15, while Debbie kept me company while working on her Box Step quilt in Red, Black and White.  Wish I had taken a picture but I think I'd left the camera at home.

Then home to start the next stage of the Amish - sewing the setting blocks!  Check out Block 1 - Rail Fence enclosed......

 Rail Fence enclosed.....

Then back to my Asian obsession, below is Nine By Twelve using those fabulous Asian fabrics we received last week.  I just need to add the borders which I hope will happen this week some time or this weekend maybe....and then write up the patterns for this and the Bento Box and wow!!!!
Nine By Twelve

Today I spent polishing and putting the finishing touches on the newsletter so look out - it'll be online momentarily......great classes, loads of fun!

Happy Quilting!


Jo-Ann

No comments: