Sunday, November 7, 2010

Did you miss me....?

Nod once for yes!  Okay, I admit it, I have been neglecting the blog yet again!  But I can explain!  Before I do however, I MUST show you what we all did last Saturday night (October 30th) at my Mystery Quilt class!

First, Lucie wowed us all with her completed quilt from the last Mystery Quilt in July.......if you look closer you will see that someone loves M & M's!
Then we had a wonderful dinner, let's see if I can remember!  Oh yes of course!  My Kathy made dinner for us so it was a mystery for me!  Because I was a "little" preoccupied with cleaning out my mother's apartment by the end of October, Kathy was kind enough to offer her culinary skills and take on the daunting task of providing dinner for all of us!  It was amazing, a fabulous Beef Stew with a lovely side salad and we had a Pumpkin Pie for dessert with Whipped Cream!  By the photo you can see there wasn't much left......
After dinner, as usual, the girls got down to work.......





...and they worked hard!  Karen was set on doing three quilt tops, as usual - here are all three colourways......more later!
The next one belongs to Linda.....

And there's Claire's.....

This one is Annadel's.....

And this one is Liz's....


Then there's Virginia's - this was her first Mystery Quilt!  WOW!

and Lucie's, she did hers as a food theme so although the pattern isn't as evident the effect is still amazing!

and Rosemary's - this was also her first time in our Mystery Quilt class - she'll be back........

and Raili`s is the one below........

Karen`s hard work sure paid off - she got one top completed and the other two are well on their way........


And finally MINE!  The one they get to see at the end, I actually had it completed in early September and thought I had plenty of time to quilt it too!  Little did I know!  Life has a way of throwing us curve balls - so it will now go on that infamous pile of  ``quilts to be quilted`` (that by the way is one step above UFO!).  I really love the way this one turned out and it will definitely be a fixture somewhere in my new home! (once it`s quilted of course!)
Soooo, what have I been up to while I was neglecting the blog, well performing miracles of course!  I have witnesses too!  (not to mention helpers!).....First - I have to say that in the past two months I have learned a very valuable lesson, HOW TO PRIORITIZE!  So having completed my first priority, which was looking after my mother`s apartment, I moved onto Priority Number 2!  Preparing my house for sale! 

I will not bore you with the photos (unless you want to see them!) but trust me - with the help of Barb, Rich and even Jonathan the house has been transformed into a palace!  Okay I exagerate a little but seriously if you had seen what it looked like last Sunday you would not believe it was possible!  I sure didn`t - and not only is the house spotless but almost all of the laundry is done - I`m telling you we are talking about a miracle!

Tomorrow morning at 10:00 A.M. when the guy comes to view the house IT WILL BE READY!  I am exhausted but trust me it is so worth it!

Now I can get back to store business (unless I`m showing the house) and all the stuff I have been itching to do - like quilt for instance!  Of course, the next big thing will be the move!  I can`t wait - I`m really looking forward to the new place!

In the meantime I can tell you that the chicks have been amazing looking after everything at the roost!  We just got in a huge box of books that have gone out on the shelves and if I have a minute tomorrow I will get some pics and show you what`s come in (what`s left of what`s come in!)!

In the meantime.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann


No comments: