Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm trying!

...to stay current with the blog!  That's not to say that I won't get behind again but it would be nice if I could get organized enough to do this on a regular basis.....

I wanted to blog last night because the "girls" were in yesterday for their monthly Sunday and there was so much Show & Share and loads being worked on.....but, I was waiting until I got home!  What was I thinking - Jonathan was on the computer all night.....never even got a chance to check e-mail! 

Christina (left) is working away on a baby quilt which is also on the left on the design wall and Rebecca is layering up her table runner project....


 Gail completed her seashells and lighthouses quilt and it was expertly quilted by Cathy Petrie.....she does amazing work......
Here's a close-up - she put shovels and flip flops and all kinds of beach stuff all over this gorgeous quilt....
Christina is holding up her completed cat quilt - with an oriental touch......... 
Check out the back of this quilt - totally reversable!  Way cool!!!!
Okay, this is Carol holding up her completed table runner.....she's really milking this one, this is her third - guess what everyone's getting for Christmas....... 
Cathie completed this gorgeous baby quilt........and is now working on a fabulous Batik quilt!  Maybe next month it will be up on the design wall!?!?
Gail was busy working on this quilt - it's really going to be stunning and has a Christmas themed fabric as well....... 
This is Christina's baby quilt made from Little Lady fabrics from Lakehouse - it's really pretty! 
 This one is also Christina's and I just love it - I am inspired to do something very similar myself - hmmmm!  the light bulb just went on.........there's a design percolating as I gaze at this one.......(the lousy pic is cause Cathie told to me to turn the lights off - but the other pic I took was worse!)
That's it for yesterday's crew!  I can't wait until next month to see what they've been up to - Carol should have another table runner done!?!?!

Okay - so now I can catch up a little on what's new in the store - the books are today's focus!

I guess there's actually 3 new things in this photo - the free pattern which Kathy made up - just ask for a copy when you come into the store.....the Advent Angel (not new but a reminder that we have the panels) and what I was actually trying to feature, the Rose of Sharon notecards, a series of 12 notecards from the Rose of Sharon Block Book.....

 ...and the Rose of Sharon Block Book - this is the second time it's been in, they went really quickly the first time......
 Tradition with a Twist - this was a class we had with Laurissa and the book is fabulous!  I'm hoping the finished quilts will come soon so we can show them off, they were so awesome!
Beautiful Blooms - another repeat, the first lot went pretty quickly...... 
Simple Graces by Kim Diehl, one of my favourite quilters - chock full of great projects and accessories too! 
Country Comforts - we had both trunk shows and you all ooohed and aaahed, well the signed books are here and this is a Canadian gal from B.C., Cheryl Wall of Country Quilts - she's already working on her next book........ 
Bloom Creek quilts - another great project book!  They don't just quilt quilts but add accessories too! 
Coming Home - the new book from Jo Morton - another one of my favourite quilters! 
Fast Favorites from McCall's Quilting - this one has some really great projects!  This is a great way to get "the best of" quilts without buying and collecting all the magazines...... 
Treasures from the 30's for everyone who loves vintage! 
Dream Landscapes - another repeat (I'm going to snag one this time) which is really fabulous and loads of techniques and embellishment ideas! 
Tonight was our Beginner Class and I have to say - we start them really young these days - Marek is 5 months old and is really having a great time at our class.....

This is mom Sara's quilt - which is absolutely stunning!  She did a fabulous job! 
Here he is with mom learning how to layer a quilt........ 
While mom pins her quilt, he's quite content to be passed to Maria and watch while Elizabeth gets started on her quilt layering....... 
One more class and they all graduate!  They're asking for an Intermediate Class now - hmmm, that's an idea!  There goes that light bulb again!  We'll see.....

Since there are only 24 hours in a day I will have to wait to show you what I'm working on.....the house is still "spotless" (a miracle in itself) so I have allowed myself one hand quilting project and one machine quilting project while we are in limbo, waiting for the house to sell!  Most of my quilting stuff is either at the new home or at the store and I don't want to clutter up the studio so I'm focussing on only two projects.....

Tomorrow is another day and will be a busy one at that, there are 3 boxes in the back waiting to be unpacked......hmmm, I have no idea what could be in them, so until tomorrow.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: