Monday, December 6, 2010

It's THAT Sunday........

Once a month, on a Sunday, things are really happening at the Doodle!  The "girls" get together for the family "Stitch and Bitch" (their name not mine!) and they have a great time.  This month they filled the room....

5 on one side.......
.......and 4 on the other side........ 
Lunch was served, not so promptly at 1:20 P.M. (I had to wake Jonathan this morning because of the Open House - see my blog) but they loved it - Spaghetti and Meat Sauce and a light salad.......they were so hungry they wouldn't move so I could take the pic....... 
There were two birthdays today, Christina's and Cathie made her a mountain of chocolate cupcakes.......pink icing and sprinkles included....... 
....and Gail's, Christina made her a Skor Cheesecake! 

Having had a little taste of both of these wonderful desserts I have to say.......I couldn't have done better myself! 
 Then they had to show off their Christmas socks.........
 ...and finally we get to see some work!  There are some patterns that are just classics.  Cathie has been working on this Atkinsen Design pattern for a while, it's Stars and Strips and it's a classic!  It really came out phenomenal, all in batiks!  It's now on it's way to Cathy Petrie to be quilted.......
This is Christina's 9 patch - a Linus quilt, which she quilted herself and today added the binding.....Kudos Christina - it really looks awesome...... 
Even though I didn't get pictures of what everyone was working on, suffice it to say they were as they always are, extremely industrious.......and I have to admit they make me very jealous!  I always feel so inadequate watching them - I never seem to get anything done!  Need to turn over a new leaf - oh wait a minute, that's next month, the resolutions and everything......

Okay, I can wait, in the meantime I'm going to go do some knitting!?!?!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: