Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Monday, Monday....

We have been watching this quilt come together for many months and although it's still not quite finished, I had to take a picture of it!  Elaine has been patiently putting together a deliberate scrappy quilt and it just looks awesome......

She's got about 9 blocks to go ------ can't wait to see it done!

We also had two birthdays - so I made a really tacky orange coloured cake with bright pink candles for the girls....actually the cake is a Florida Orange Cake, hence the colour...... 
Here are the Birthday girls blowing out the candles - left Cathy and right - Effie....... 
Now I get to the important stuff (for Rochelle)!  I made a Frittata for lunch yesterday - the same one I made last Sunday for the Hilary Rice Workshop and it came out awesome....so awesome, some people asked for the recipe.
So here goes.....

Jo-Ann's Frittata (serves 12)

1 each - Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Orange Pepper
1 cup - Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup - Green Onions, sliced
Butter

Dice the peppers and saute all of the vegetables until soft.

In the meantime......

4 cups shredded Monteray Jack cheese
1 tbsp flour
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I use Old Cheddar)
12 eggs
1 cup milk

Spray with Pam (or grease) a 13" x 9" Pyrex dish.  Toss shredded Monteray Jack cheese with flour and arrange on the bottom.  Sprinkle the shredded Cheddar cheese on top.  In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk.  Once vegetables are done, place on top of cheese.  Pour egg mixture over everything.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge over-night or at least 8 hours.

Heat oven to 325 and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.  Check center for doneness.

Serve hot and enjoy! 

Okay, I have two quilts in my head right now for kits that need to be done and two more in my studio in the basement of the house that are waiting for me so I'm off to quilt.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: