Friday, October 9, 2009

Molly's Meadow......

As you all know sometimes it takes me a couple of days (weeks!?!) to get the blog out but I really am trying to be a little more conscientious (sp.)........ Mary Salus's Little Landscapes class was fabulous on Wednesday night and she has certainly started the creative juices flowing. Take a look at a few pics of the students' work.........




NEW IN THE STORE - Molly's Meadow designed for Henry Glass by Kim Diehl. I am absolutely coveting these fabrics.......

Nancy was fortunate enough to meet Kim and take a few classes from her on a recent trip to Rochester (I think). I have been trying to get in touch with her to come up here and teach but she's a very busy lady so we will have to be patient. This is the free pattern on the Henry Glass website which I am dying to get started on but the "chicks" are watching me like a hawk! I'm not allowed to start anything new until I finish some of the "many" projects I already have on the go! They won't let me near the fabric......... Just a little reminder of classes coming up - Nancy will be teaching Beginner Hand Applique beginning Tuesday October 13th from 1-4, Pam Woodward has Colour Your Fabric coming up Wednesday October 14th (Fingerpainting for Adults!), Mary is doing Disappearing 9-Patch on the 15th and Carolyn Flood is teaching Machine Quilting Techniques on the 18th. The second instalment of THE TAKE AWAY MYSTERY will be available on the 18th. That pretty much covers next week. If you are interested in any of our upcoming classes please call the store to reserve a spot.

Last but certainly not least I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. If you are staying home to enjoy that wonderful Turkey Dinner, enjoy. If you are travelling be safe....On that note I really have to run out to get the fixings for our Turkey Dinner (Jonathan has informed me it is my duty as a mother to cook!!! - he loves that turkey and the leftovers!) Have a wonderful weekend - the store will be closed Monday October 12th, 2009 for Thanksgiving.

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: