Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Monday,Monday and off we go.....

It's Monday, my favourite day at the store -we can always see some awesome projects, either done or on their way to completion. This is Dorothy's quilt for a friend and it is really nice......I love the subdued colouring.....

Now this is what we call a double whammy (the top is not the border of the bottom quilt). The top one is Elaine's, she is making it for her daughter. The bottom is a One Block Wonder that Helen is working on.......They both promise to be stunning quilts.......
Barb and I hopped in the car around 2:00 P.M. and we were on our way. We decided to cross the border at the closest crossing due to the fact that I, who never have any time for "me" did not get my passport renewed yet! (I promise that by November 30th I will have at least made the application - somebody write this down). We were a little worried that I might not get across, at least Barb was worried. I can almost guarantee that even though I got across this time it won't happen again - he flagged me for sure......

Okay so once we got over our first stop was Erie, PA. where the Sugar Free Fudge comes with Fireworks, Pepper Spray and a Stun Gun.......hmmm! ....and the Jelly Belly store (free samples) sells guns and knives???!!!!
So.....where should we go for dinner? Cracker Barrel or Cracker Barrel? I think we should go to Cracker Barrel.......Barb's halfway there already.......I am so predictable.......
After 4 hours in the car it was great to take a load off....here's Barb rocking on the porch at the Cracker Barrel........ I love the Cracker Barrel -the atmosphere is all country and they have these "dumb" games on the table. You have to remove the pegs and leave the least amount of pegs - so I turned out to be "just plain dumb" and Barb rated "ignoramous"........oh well, we can try again tomorrow! ......Finally, dinner Chicken Fried Chicken, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes and Sawmill Gravy with a side of Fried Apples - mmmmmm! Sooooo, delicious! Barb had a Rueben Melt - really good food! Then back on the road and finally hit the hotel around 11:30 P.M.. Ready to just sit and relax awhile then get some sleep.

Can't wait until tomorrow to get a look at all the new fabrics, notions, books and novelties.......buy, buy, buy! Okay maybe not so much but I'm delirious from driving all day.......

Can't wait to tell you all about it!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!! Love the Cracker Barrel..stopped at everyone going to Georgia and Back.. could live on Tea buscuits!!
Love the quilt show and share and especially that OBW it looks like it will be awesome!!