Sunday, February 14, 2010

In my haste......

In my haste to get back to quilting and the Olympics I neglected to post the photo of the new fabrics that arrived from Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett......

It had nothing to do with the fact that I am, myself, interested in owning a few of these fabrics......seriously!  Believe it or not there are still some left!

I actually got quite a bit done last night considering one block took 3 hours!  Have you ever come across a "Block from Hell" where nothing you do is right and then you find out - you read it wrong!  Well that was last night!  I am involved in an exchange at one of the guilds I belong to and we have to do 2 - 10" finished blocks!  Sounds easy - I went on to http://www.quilterscache.com/ and downloaded 2 patterns I liked from her 10" blocks.  The first one, Alaska Homestead, went together like a dream.  The second one, Dominos and Squares was a completely different story.  First - I did not realize I had to use "templates" so off I go, cutting away what I thought was right but as I'm reading the pattern - something isn't working in my head - I already have half the block put together mind you.

Luckily Barb was there - she took one look and said!  DUH!  look at the right hand corner where it says - click here for templates!  What a dummy!  Well once I did that it came together in no time but I don't think I'd ever make a quilt from this block!  It is a pretty block though!

Tonight I managed to get my Block of The Month block done for the guild and also cut fabrics I chose for my upcoming workshop with Jan Krentz.  I'm very excited about this one because it is really outside my box and my "colour" comfort zone!  Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Okay - time to turn the lights off and go home....tomorrow is another day!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

Great Fabrics Jo Anne!! Oh last minute on the blocks!! LOL.. glad you perservered and got them done.. see you tonight!!