Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a GREAT day!

We all have great days, but sometimes we just have GREAT days!  Today was a GREAT day!

If you've ever been to an all day Sit & Sew or an all day class at Cock A Doodle Quilts, you know that we serve lunch with our classes.  Today was no exception.  Carolyn was in today to teach her Machine Quilting Techniques from 10:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. and lunch was served.....

While I was busy cooking in the back, Barb was busy welcoming some new customers in the store.  Four lovely ladies dropped in for their very first visit and to their surprise were invited to lunch!  It was great timing on their part and of course I usually put together enough food for an army so there was plenty to go around.....Nothing special, just homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and fresh baguettes from Ace Bakery which happens to be just around the corner.

What made it a GREAT day for me was the fact that they were having a GREAT day - or maybe just a great day!  But that was enough!  It's nice when we can pass on the feeling......
Carolyn's class had a great day too!  They all managed to get quite a bit of quilting done and I think they all left with the confidence required to get some quilting done.......

Barb and I are now getting things all ready for tomorrow.  In case you've forgotten - tomorrow is!
SUPER BOLT SUNDAY
Bring in 3 Non- perishable food items and get 25% on fabric (minimum 1 metre cuts)

I've gotta go get dinner ready for tomorrow night's Sit & Sew and then I'm off to work on my "challenge" quilt for the Guild......Here's a reminder of what my "ugly" fat quarter looks like - quite the challenge.........I already started working on it last night so I'm well on my way!  The designing part was the hardest and I did that a few days ago....now it's just getting the quilt done!

Sure hope to see you all tomorrow, in the meantime,

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: