Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun, fun,fun!

As many of you know, who know me and/or read the blog I do not keep "bankers" hours.  Last night Barb was busy working on one of her student's quilts (more about that later) and I stayed to work on a "secret" project!  Well, by the time we left the store it was after midnight and I still had to do some food shopping.....so, off I toddled to Metro and headed back to the store about 1:00 A.M. with the groceries.....

When the police car pulled up behind me and the officers started "grilling" me about what I was doing there so late it took some convincing to explain I was just dropping off groceries.  I even invited them for lunch but they weren't buying it!  However, when they saw I had the key and knew the alarm code - they were a little more convinced!  I told them I was just going in to drop off, put away the groceries and marinate the chicken.  They actually waited in the parking lot until I came out again about 10 minutes later.......They obviously don't work the late shift often or they would recognize the car in the parking lot until the wee hours of the morning......

Needless to say I didn't get in at the crack of dawn but when I did I cooked up a storm and the Monday Sit & Sew crew had a fabulous lunch!  They actually suggested I would be hard pressed to top it......

Chicken Fajitas with all the toppings, Black Beans with Lime & Cilantro and lovely Mexican Rice - it really is one of my favourite meals and worth the mess and the effort......Got a picture before they "dug in"!
 
After cleaning up my mess (yes I did it myself!), and it was a real mess!  I was off to run an errand.  On my way out to Nancy's to drop "something" off I stopped at Libby's for coffee and they seem to be all packed and ready to move on Thursday - we are going to miss them so much!  They stopped for a few minutes and we visited and then I was off......

I didn't get back until around 6:00 P.M. and Barb was waiting for Sara to come by and pick up her quilt.  Sara is one of Barb's Beginner Hand Quilting students.  Barb helped her by sewing on her sashings and borders as Sara is from Germany and will be leaving to go back home on Friday.  She did a great job on piecing her quilt and now it's ready to be hand quilted.  After the summer Sara is going to China to be a social worker there.  Here's her completed top......

In the meantime I've been busy getting things done in the house.  After Bosley left we took Richard's heavy duty ShopVac and started cleaning upstairs - I won't tell you how many Bosley's we threw out.  After 6 years Rich finally put up my curtain rods (last year I said I would get curtains up in the living/dining room) and last week I picked a fabric I loved in the store, enlisted Judith's help and voila I have curtains......I am so pleased the way they turned out - I just love them!  Not to mention, it's really nice to have a little privacy.....
They really seem to match the whole mish mash of furniture I have in both rooms........
I am really pleased with them.......
Simon seems to have adapted well to Bosley not being around too!  After dinner at my mom's tonight I went home (early for me) and while doing some hand applique and watching a little TV I turned my head to see this picture (which I couldn't resist taking)!
Actually he got so comfortable, he decided to take a nap!
I'm thinking of calling it an early night too, for a change!  May even get to bed before midnight!  Tomorrow I start on the kitchen at home and also need to get that newsletter you've all been asking about finalized!

Happy Quilting Everyone!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad the police grilled you instead of not caring!!!! That was pretty funny and how come your house is so clean?????? I was VERY impressed.