Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nancy's comment.....

Nancy's comment has prompted me to act!  She's right, I have taken too long and there's so much to tell!  What can I say - I get busy and by the time I remember to blog, well, days have just flown by!  I mean really, it's June already - where did February, March, April and May go?????...and I still can't keep up.....

So - what's new???  Well we had a wonderful weekend and were very happy to be included in a Shop Hop for the Alliston Guild ladies on Saturday.  The bus driver was thrilled because she had the whole parking lot to park in.....The girls came in and shopped their hearts out - half shopped while the other half were treated to a Sashiko workshop and I think they all enjoyed themselves.....


Sunday was our "Private Party" Sunday and the girls did not dissapoint.....Gail finished her jacket.....



Christina was working on her cat quilt.......

Cathy finished a "doggie" mat for her little guy so he won't slop water onto the kitchen floor....


...and I'm not sure who the tablerunner belongs to.....


I can't show you anything from Monday because they were all working on their Border Creek Station Mystery quilts and that will just have to wait for our "BIG REVEAL" in September.  However, I can tell you one thing, they are all different and they are all AWESOME!

Monday night I taught my Beginner Quiltmaking class and I am getting very excited because they are doing great - can't wait to show you some of their accomplishments in the near future.....

Last night was Underground Railroad Club and I actually got to sit down and sew - a rare picture these days!  But, I am determined to get my Underground Railroad Quilts done (I am doing two, one in 12 inch blocks and another in 6 inch blocks - simultaneously no less!) before Nancy changes the name of the club in the fall!  Of course I can't just Sit & Sew - never happens, first Rich showed up and dragged me off to buy plants for the garden which he had intended to get planted last night (yeah right!), and then I had to run back to the house after Barb came and got me to make sure he was putting them in the right spots! ....and THEN I got to sit down and sew for an hour!  No wonder I can't get anything done!  All these interruptions!

Now, although we call it the Underground Railroad Club, some of us are working on other projects!  For instance, Fiona saw a quilt in The Quilt Sampler magazine (which I also fell in love with) and made this gorgeous quilt top......


And, she added a polka dot ribbon to the border for fun.......

 

....and Elaine came by today to drop off the Liberty Jacket sample - I have no words - it is gorgeous!  Check it out.......I'm jealous!  I might even do this one if there's any room left in the class......


There's still a few spots left so give us a call to reserve!  We have one spot left in Saturday's (June 12th) Open Thread Bar because someone dropped out at the last minute if anyone is interested.....

Don't forget Carolyn is teaching Machine Quilting on June 26th and I haven't checked but I think there are a few spots left.

Okay, gotta go make some Strawberry Shortcake for my Guild meeting tonight (we're having a June Social) so I'm off but the plan is to come back later and work on my quilt.......maybe!  Of course, it's not like I don't have 1,001 projects at home I can work on.......

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: