Monday, June 28, 2010

Time to catch up again!

This will be a quick catch-up because I want to go home......it's late and I just finished teaching my Beginner Quiltmaking Class......we are on the home stretch!  Here's Marilyn's small Rail Fence project and there are more but I didn't get pictures of everyone's tonight......

Here the ladies are learning how to Machine Quilt, first with the walking foot and then a little free-motion,  Kathleen is asking a very important and relevant question (can't remember what it was????)


This morning I couldn't help myself and had to take a picture of my stunning roses.....aren't they gorgeous!  (Too bad they are in front of the fence where I can't see them from the porch....Rich will kill me if he reads this!)  It doesn't matter, I keep taking photos for posterity.....


Last night Jonathan and I went to my mom's for dinner - she made the most fabulous Chicken which if you ever hear me talk about her Sunday dinners is quite surprising!  We refer to them as the "burnt offerings".  Jonathan is coming in from the balcony after having chased the pigeons off yet again!  Seems he could actually have a full time job of that!  Hmmmm, there's an option - he could move in with my mother!  Usually you can see the CN Tower from her balcony but last night you couldn't even see the buildings next door....it was soooooo foggy!


Friday night we had our Applique Club meeting (Applecake Club) and it was a pretty full house as you can see.....


I am absolutely in love with block Suzi is working on.....for some reason the photo came out really yellow but the block is on a gorgeous green background - hopefully she'll bring it back again and I can get a better picture......

...and we put out a real spread of munchies, cheeses, bruschetta, humous, crackers and fruit and then topped it off with homemade spice cake and oatmeal raisincookies ( they tell me they come for the food.....)


I've been pretty busy too!  I got ALL the borders on my Sweet Tea (you'll have to wait for it) and have planned out the backing so I will be layering it up within the next couple of days.....I also started a "NEW" project which I will share once I've got it underway so stay tuned.....I cut all the pieces last night and even got one segment together......WOW!  I was really on a roll and now I want to go home and keep working on it but I am way too tired so I will just do some hand quilting!

Oops I almost forgot - I promised to show you all the amazing, gorgeous Homespuns (Yarn Dyes) that came in - they are just so fabulous!  I know I'm not supposed to but I have to have some for a quilt (for my mom - she will just love those colours!)....

You really have to see these in person to drool properly!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

Darn missed it again.. it keeps falling on my double shift night.. but I have to say I love that applique block too.. that pattern is just awesome...