Monday, July 5, 2010

It was a dark and steamy night!

Wow - what excitement today!  No sooner did I leave the store to go home and relax before my class tonight then the phone rang.....it was Barb telling me there was a "blackout" at the store...as she said it, the power went off at home.  I had been planning on doing some more quilting on my Sweet Tea - yes I am quilting it!  but that was not to be!  I think the power came back on around 7:30 P.M. but I'm not sure because Rich hooked up the generator through the living room window so we could watch TV......it was actually funny (and very noisy) but it worked so we got to hear the news!

So - I'm playing blog catch-up again,  I didn't realize a week had gone by, I've been spending most of my spare time down in the studio with "Bernie" (my Bernina) quilting Sweet Tea (and as soon as I finish blogging I will head downstairs again!)....

Last week Karen and Linda came by for a Sit & Sew with Raili in tow and it was all about the Mystery Quilts....first Karen got the Take-Away Mystery we did last year done.....


Then she worked on the two she started at the April mystery quilt......


Linda didn't make it to that class, she was ill, but she got her clues none-the-less and produced this.....


Isn't it amazing how different they all are?

Then Karen got the borders on a Marti Michell Mystery from last year......

Here's Linda's but this is an old picture, she's actually almost finished it and it has borders,  I'll have to get an updated picture.... but again - soooo different!

Yesterday I decided to give my mom a break and have a barbecue at my house, so this time I made the "burnt offering" (trust me some of it was burnt) but we all enjoyed dinner and this time Jonathan took the pic!  We are all pretty intent on eating here......

Here's a sneak preview of the quilted Sweet Tea......


....and I am off to continue quilting it (only 6 days left until my deadline).  This may actually work, give myself a deadline that the whole world can see and maybe, just maybe I will get something done!  What a concept!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: