Saturday, July 17, 2010

More.....

There's always more!  Where did this week go?!?  It's sure been a busy one, for me especially.....

Monday night (after driving back from Libby's) I taught my class, Tuesday night was Underground Railroad Club, Wednesday afternoon and evening I spent with my fellow guild member (Pieceful Night Quilters Guild) making placemats for charity.  Thursday night after I closed at 8:00 P.M. I went out for dinner with Elvie, Raili and Karen and last night was our monthly Friday night Sit & Sew.  So now that I've ascertained what I've been doing I understand why I have gotten absolutely NO quilting done and why Sweet Tea is LOUDLY calling to me.....tonight?!?  I sure hope so, I miss it!....not to mention there are a few projects lined up behind it.....

Last night was great!  Julia brought her promised Potato Salad and so I had to figure out what to serve with it!  My first choice was barbecued chicken pieces but Barb pointed out that the weather was going to be "iffy", that they were calling for thunderstorms....so I opted for deli.  Rich needed to book a doctor's appointment at Dundas and Islington and since the doctors' office wouldn't answer the phone, he decided to drive down there.  On the way back we were debating where to go for the deli meat and decided La Rose Bakery on La Rose was our best option, so off we went.  I got the meats, the cheeses, the buns/rolls and dessert, a lovely Bavarian Apple Cheesecake - one stop shopping!

Back to the store, groceries put away, off to my office I toddled!  Liz showed up about a half hour later and she had stopped to pick up dessert too!  So that was great, we would have plenty of the good stuff!

Here's the reason I'm telling you this story!  Guess where Liz stopped to pick up dessert!  Yup!  La Rose Bakery on La Rose (she hadn't been there for at least 3 years)  and guess what Liz picked up for dessert, a Bavarian Apple Cheesecake!  Great minds think alike!

As usual - everyone was working on their own projects!  Jill is doing this adorable baby quilt - what a great pattern and very unusual, not babyish, colours - it looks fantastic!

Theresa is working on her blocks from the 9 Days In May class that Carolyn taught a few weeks ago!  I just love this block - and what can be done with it - check out her bright colours.....

Suzi is working on these really pretty blocks - I can't wait to see the quilt come together.......

This quilt is Liz's and she was busy putting on binding, she actually bound two large quilts last night!  This one was a Take Away Mystery we offered last fall....
The quilting was done by Karen Power of Oakville and it is just gorgeous!  A beautiful, all over design!  Karen does absolutely phenomenal quilting - you'll see quite a bit of her work in the store.  I'll give you a closer look -
Liz didn't get around to binding this one last night, she actually brought 3 to do! But we at least got to see the finished product and more of Karen's great quilting.......This quilt is one of the Mystery Quilt Classes we did this year.....
...and here's a close up of Karen's quilting!

Of course, there was a lot more going on, Gillian was busy with her quilts for the orphanage and Julia was working on a fabulous new creation!  Annadel was also very busy on a mystery quilt I think!  Barb was also busy working on a rag quilt from those gorgeous pastel homespuns, but I'll wait until it's finished (almost) before I show you a pic!

Hopefully, this evening, if nothing comes up, I will be able to get back to my Sweet Tea!  I'm really excited about getting it done!  (Then I will give you my label tip)!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Would like to know more about the quilts for the orphanage, please.