Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happening at the "Doodle".....

You know how I love sharing customer quilts and this week at the Thursday Sit & Sew I was in luck (actually it was last Thursday for the first one)!

Linda saw that I had the Charm Squares of Fairy Frost from Michael Miller in stock so she brought in the quilt she made from the Charm Pack she bought a few years ago.  She teamed it up with some light grey/white Fossil Fern and a great black sky fabric.  Used the disappearing 9 patch pattern and Voila, an absolutely gorgeous quilt which reads like a color wheel.  It's absolutely stunning and we discussed how she is going to quilt it.  I can't wait to see it finished.
 Disappearing 9 Patch with Fairy Frost

Chris is working on this Lantern Quilt which is for the Momiji Bazaar on Saturday March 23, 2013 at the Momiji Health Care Society, 3555 Kingston Road in Scarborough from 12:00 noon - 3:30 P.M..  She's just finishing the quilting which is absolutely gorgeous.  She's doing a free hand Mctavish which really gives a lovely texture to the quilt.  She hasn't got too much left to do, which is a good thing since the bazaar is only a week away....


Chris's Lantern Quilt

 Closer look at the quilting (click on the photo to get a closer look)

We moved on to Stashbusters Club and Chris pulled out two projects she's working on.  One is from Bonnie Hunter's Adventures with Leaders and Enders and the other is a strip quilt.  The fabric she's using as a background against the strips is striking!  Can't wait to see this one sewn up.....

 Chris's scrap projects

Linda was layering a charity quilt while I was working on the quilt from @#$% which I finally finished at Friday night Sit & Sew.  I had plans to start my scrappy pineapple, I even had printed off the foundation sheets in readiness but like Linda, I was determined to finish what I had started so I guess it will be next month when I finally start using up all those scraps I painstakingly organized.

I was more than relieved when I completed the quilting last night on the baby quilt I am finishing for a customer.  This is the quilt I complained about recently because a sheet was used for backing.  Unfortunately, not only was it a nightmare to quilt because the sheet kept shifting but in the end it was not large enough for the quilt and after squaring it up, Mary helped me by adding on a small strip of muslin and putting on the binding.  I decided to give this new mother a break and hand sew the binding on but a lesson to be learned - NEVER USE A SHEET AS A BACKING!!!!  Got quite a bit done tonight while watching the hockey game - another heartbreaker but at least the Leafs got a point!!!

Now I can move on to my next priority - 9 patch blocks!  I also have to get to the new newsletter (what - again!!! how time flies!)  Tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping it will be a productive one quilting wise!

Happy quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: