Friday, March 1, 2013

More, more, more.......

Wow!  Thought I was just going in to kill time today it being a short day for me.  Hydro sent us a notice that they will be "upgrading" our service (the whole plaza) and the power would go off at 5:00 P.M. so I closed today at 4:00 P.M..

Around 1:00 P.M. in walks the delivery guy with a big box and wait until you see what was in it!!!!!

Here we go, more to whet your appetites!  As if yesterday wasn't enough -


 Ombre Hand Dye Strip-Its!  40 strips x 2-1/2" $52.95
 Free Pattern - Prism Quilt
Free Pattern - Rainbow Square Quilt
 Free Pattern - Weave Quilt
 Just waiting for you all to get one!

 Champagne Lights - absolutely luscious creams - $11.95 per metre

First of all, I want to point out how unfair this all is!  One of my resolutions this year was not to start anything new unless I "had to" make a sample for the store....  As much as I am salivating to do one of those Free Patterns for the Ombre Hand Dye Strip Its, I am well aware that these will be gone before I can even pick out the quilt I want to do!!!!  Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on more of these - they are to "dye" for.

Those creams are also calling my name and guess what, I already have a quilt pattern in the planning which absolutely REQUIRES a piece of each of these creams, so I'm in luck!  I'm hoping these will also remain available for awhile as they really are great neutrals.....

Before I'm off to enjoy my few extra hours, I wanted to share a photo I received today from one of my students.  This quilt is from the Urban Pods class where we used the fabulous Quick Curve Ruler....

Anna used a dark grey with white as well as chartreuse fabrics that were sprinkled with grey.  The photo doesn't really do the fabrics justice but the quilt came out absolutely awesome!
Anna's Quilt from the Urban Pods Class

I'm thinking I should really try to get some quilting done in those few extra hours or maybe some cleaning or laundry - that would be good!  But, on the other hand, I could use a little rest!  Hmmmm.....just not sure what to do!  While I'm deciding I think I'll catch up on some e-mail!

FYI - Tomorrow is Healing Heroes for Quilts of Valour from 10:00 A.M. to closing.  Come on in and visit us, sew a seam, press a seam, cut a strip!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann


No comments: