Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2nd Tuesday of the month........

First, I will share that our computer is back and it is almost up and running. What a relief, new hard drive, so there are still some kinks to work out but it turned out we had everything on our system including our database so I guess I'd better get cracking on that newsletter so you can all sign up for all the new classes.......coming in the Fall.

Tonight was our Underground Railroad monthly meeting and it being the summer we didn't have an overwhelming turn out but we certainly see some progress. Below is Nancy's Underground Railroad Quilt (Eleanor Burns book) which is coming along really nicely.....
Kathy stayed to finish another top from that fabulous book - Scrapbag Surprise, of course I've forgotten the name of the quilt.....
...and Fiona shared her Shipshewana Quilt from the club last year. What is truly amazing is that this gorgeous quilt was done with scraps.....She raided her scraps and ours and came up with this masterpiece! I love it - and she quilted herself too! What a great job! (Gonna ask her to quilt a couple of my UFO's soon!)

Sharon and Judith put their efforts together the past two days to help me out by cutting the pieces I need to start my Iced Mocha quilt.....all the fabrics have arrived now and should be marked and out by tomorrow afternoon! (How I missed that computer!) ....and we're expecting more boxes tomorrow - plus I have some "to die for" Red and Whites and Black and Whites hiding in the back waiting to be marked.......will post some pics tomorrow!

Going to head for the porch for a while and put on another binding - this one is one of my "old" UFO's which was just waiting for a binding! Thanks again to Sharon for getting that on for me today so all I have to do is sit out on the porch and sew it on!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love your cupboards in the sewing room. Gorgeous. It sounds like you are progressing well with UFOs. I love it!!! And the cake decorating - well I'm sorry we missed Friday night. I expect an amazing cake for September - sign me up if I am not down.

I'll try to call today.

ET