Saturday, August 22, 2009

Third Friday of the month........

So, before I show you what everyone was up to at Friday Nite Sit & Sew I have to show you what we just got in!

SAVE OUR PLANET! It's a nice heavy weight canvas, perfect for bags and it's 60" wide. We'll see who gets the sample done first - Barb or Nancy. My money's on Nancy but she's away right now so Barb has the edge........This is the black background - we are still waiting for the creamy white one.......
......and, I know, you don't really want to think about Christmas but these panels of 6 placements are too adorable and will do up really quickly with the great co-ordinate fabrics or make it into a wall hanging but......we all know it's just around the corner so you should get it soon!
Now I can show you what everyone was up to tonite! Well almost everyone! Some of us did not show our stuff!!!!! This is one of Gillian's designs made from scraps left over from her Australian quilts!

......and this is Gillian's second quilt of these scraps she had in her stash! It matches the first quilt because she had so many blocks left over!

Becca has the patience of Job and is working by hand with Quilt Pati's, this is going to be absolutely stunning and it's growing and growing........

Lynn was very busy cutting and piecing a fabulous 30's quilt from a Fons and Porter magazine which also has some amazing applique.....can't wait to see this one done! (That pink cutter in the background belongs to Janet and she really needs a blade!)

Liz has these blocks done for her quilt and was busy making a baby quilt tonite as well, but she finished off doing some pressing for the quilt below.......
It was a relatively small group tonite so Barb managed to get started on her Attic Windows quilt and I got a couple of borders on my flannel (I'm holding out until all the borders are on so I can really WOW you all!)
However, today was my last cake decorating class for Level I (I got my diploma) and this afternoon I made the "masterpiece" below so the ladies had a lovely dessert.....(and there's plenty left if you want to pop by for cake and coffee or tea!)
I will be moving on to Level II in September so I will keep you all posted! In the meantime I can make a Wilton Rose with Buttercream Frosting no less, and I am so proud! Ha, ha! Even my son was impressed (and boy that takes a lot!)........

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: