Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's better than chocolate.....?

Chocolate fabric of course! We now have the whole line of Iced Mocha from Buggy Barn in the store and it is absolutely gorgeous! So's the quilt I've started...the picture is on top of the fabrics! The bolts are already starting to thin so come in and take a peek at this.....
Today was Monday and the girls were busy! Elizabeth finished a quilt for her grandson in Australia - animals from around the world which she designed herself......
.....and the back of the quilt is just as nice!

This one belongs to me! Somewhere in my travels (I can't believe I don't remember where these came from) I picked up a bunch of flannels. In 2004 or 2005 I decided to make half square triangle from them. I came across the half square triangle blocks when Barb and I cleaned out my studio at home and put them on top of the dresser. One night last week I clipped the corners and decided to finish a UFO, there are 117 - 5-1/2" blocks.....this is the center of the quilt which is almost together.....I will let you know how it progresses. So far I'm pretty happy with it!
......and this is my new obsession, cake decorating! I took my first class on Friday afternoon so the girls at Block of the Month got a treat this week! My next class is this Friday and I will graduate Course 1! It is really fun to do and our Friday night Sit and Sew will get the benefit of a cake for dessert! Should be interesting!
More fabric arrived late today so will have to take some more pics for tomorrow's blog! I'm determined to get back on track with the blogging.......(Mid-year resolution!) In the meantime.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Does this mean we should expect something special on Sunday??
I took those courses in 1982.....

Cock-A-Doodle Quilts said...

Today's cake is going to the Friday night crowd for Sit & Sew BUT I may become inspired to make something very special for my favourite Sunday group of quilters!