Tuesday, December 30, 2008

As promised.....

As promised I am sharing with you the picture of the other side of the kitchen - CLEAN! Did that on Sunday night while I was preparing lunch for Sew Many Quilts....now I will just have to keep it up!
...and the recipe for yesterday's lunch.....I thought I could just copy a Word Document into the blog but it seems that isn't possible so here it is...

Ratatouille with Penne

1 can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)

1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)

1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)

1 large onion, sliced (about 1 cup)

1 clove garlic, minced

Hot cooked Penne pasta

Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Stir the soup, olive oil, black pepper, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion and garlic in a 4 to 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.

2. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 hours* or until vegetables are tender.

3. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with the cheese, if desired.

Makes 4 servings Prep Time 15 Minutes Cooking Time 5 1/2 - 6 hours

I got the recipe from Campbell's Slow Cooker Recipes 37500 No. 38. It sounded good and turned out wonderful. I tripled the recipe to serve 12 people and didn't have much left over. It's a great vegetarian recipe. I've saved it for future use......

Last night Barb, Laurissa and I hung out at the store until after 11:00 P.M. so needless to say there's no progress on my quilts or my cleaning. We had fun dreaming up quilt patterns, I was blogging and we picked out borders for Espresso Dreams (Laurissa's quilt).

Sharon has returned from Florida and is back in the store today. We're happy to have her back safe and sound. She went with a friend and they drove back in last Monday's snowstorm....took them 7 hours from Windsor......

Keep checking the blog for all the updates.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann and the Chicks!

No comments: