Wednesday, December 24, 2008

T'was the night before Christmas......

and all through the city there is no gas???? What is this all about....and I'm driving on fumes at this point. Oh well, got to the grocery store (why do we all wait until the last minute) and it was packed, but I got everything I needed to do the turkey dinner tomorrow for my mom. She called and asked me to get some groceries for her but I never got around to doing it. This morning when I spoke to her she said "Okay, then we'll go out for dinner tomorrow night". Since I know what it's like to look for an open restaurant on Christmas Day and I have NO gas, I decided I will cook dinner and bring it over to her......so that's the plan now....

Kathy and I were in the store today until 3:00 P.M. and I realized I hadn't shared the new flannels we got in last week.....take a look at these! Aren't they luscious?


Here's a better look .... and they go with all the flannel batiks we have. I think while the turkey is cooking tomorrow I may just get on to EQ and design a really nice quilt for these....I'll keep you posted.

I got a newsletter from one of my suppliers that Lazy Girl Patterns has a Free Pattern on their website for a really cute little purse, the Noriko Handbag. Go to www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/ and look for the Noriko Bag. It's really cute and they did it up in oriental fabrics, very nice. I will see if we can get one made up as a sample in the store.
Last night I decided that I needed a diversion from the Country Haven Quilt I am working on. It requires focus and I wanted something a little easier last night. I sewed a label onto a quilt for a friend and then did this cute little project which I picked up on my last trip to New Jersey and Pennsylvania in June with Barb.
Not exactly seasonal (or a little ahead of the season) but it was a complete kit that came in a chinese takeout box, called Creative Carry Out and designed by Happy Hollow Designs, http://www.happyhollowdesigns.com/. It took about 1-1/2 hours to complete and was a really fun diversion. It's the Jack-O-Lantern Candle Mat. They've got some really cute designs and everything you see including the batting was included - I only needed to add thread.....Definitely going to look into getting some of these kits in for the spring and fall. They also have some great patterns and accessory kits so I'm making a note in my calendar to follow up in April (getting organized)!
That's it for now, going to go get dinner going (tonight's dinner that is!)
Again, we all want to wish you Happy Holidays, and
Happy Quilting!
Jo-Ann and the Chicks!

No comments: