Monday, February 2, 2009

One of those Mondays.......

I got a call from Barb this morning around 10:30 A.M. to say she had just woken up and was getting ready to leave. I called the store and Judith was at the back door receiving a shipment! Panic sets in because it's Monday Sit & Sew and I say I'll be right over. Throw clothes on and figure there's coffee at the store so I can live until I get there.......this is what I walk into!
Okay - not so bad! Only 6 large boxes and a few bolts of fabric....I need a coffee! So, I go to do a head count to make sure I have enough food for lunch and I grab a coffee and yeuch!!!!


Poor Judith now has to listen to me complain about her coffee! Why is it so vile? Turns out she decided to use what she thought was a new brand of coffee we had open.....decaf!!!! Okay there's a remedy here - I will go make a fresh pot of REAL coffee! Go to the coffee machine and the basket's missing - hmmmm, not in the sink? Okay check the garbage and lo and behold the basket is there! I'm not the only one having a bad day (Judith's watch battery stopped at 8:25 A.M. and her day was going as good as mine....)

While I'm waiting for coffee I start peeking into boxes.....batting, whopee! and pins and rotary blades and all kinds of good stuff! Well that makes the day look a little brighter.....so I go and do another head count to make sure I have enough food for lunch! (Hmmm, did that already!)
So Barb shows up and we have coffee - both of us moving a little on the slow side (yesterday was a very busy day and by the time we left the store it was 1:00 A.M.) People are asking me questions and I'm answering but not sure what I'm saying....Barking orders at Judith (so unlike me-really!) but smiling sort of!
Go and do another head count to see if I have enough food for lunch!

Finally, go and get lunch ready and guess what - literally had just enough for lunch! The girls had the left overs from last night or as Barb said her friends mother used to say "We're having mustgos for dinner!" (Everything in the fridge that "must go"!) Sloppy Joes, cole slaw and potato salad (for those who want to know - the recipe was posted yesterday...) We scraped the pot for lunch so Barb ran out to get Judith, her and I something from Tim Horton's......which we added to the cole slaw....There was plenty of marble cake though!

So I started unpacking the order and wow did I make a mess! We got some more Wide Back fabrics in pale pink, green and blue.....it's hard to see the pattern but very soft and pretty.....

We also got a load of notions in. Bead/Embroidery needles, Safety Pins, Pins, Quilting Gloves, Beeswax, Rotary Blades, Hand Quilting Thread, and one of my favourite hand sewing/piecing/appliqueing/quilting tools - The Desktop Needle Threader....if you do any handwork this is absolutely the best tool ever made.... We also got in the Grippers! The large Gypsy Gripper and the small Gypsy Gripper - just ask Barb to show you the "phone" (I almost got a pic of her answering the Gypsy Gripper but she was too quick - once you see it you will definitely understand) I also got an e-mail from my supplier that there are 30 new batiks on their way along with some more tone on tones in black! Turned out to be a pretty good day and we only had to stay until 8:00 P.M. to get it all marked!

Oh yeah! and I saved the best for last - the batting finally arrived! We also have black batting! Can't seem to get ahead of the batting - so we will be ordering more today.....gonna try to go get something done at home now!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: