Monday, February 23, 2009

Time to catch up......

Yes, I am aware that I have not blogged since Friday.....how "time" (nasty little 4 letter word) flies....and I've been busy!

Friday night was our monthly Sit & Sew Friday and full to the brim. We served comfort food as the weather really required it, so the girls had Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli......
For dessert there was a choice of Cherry or Blueberry Pie and Ice Cream of course......
It was quite a productive evening and I managed to get a picture of Gillian's Asian 1/2 square triangle quilt which she finished putting borders on....it really is a stunner!If you remember from a few days ago..."someone" started a quilt in that new fabric Metro Goes "Au Naturel". There was a bit of trouble with that but with the help of Engineer Carol and friends "someone" should be able to get the blocks started sometime this week! If "someone" can find the "time"!!!!!

Saturday was Block of The Month and it was also a full house - the girls have started their first two blocks of Crystal Reflections/Country Magic and Laurissa brought in the completed quilt (needs binding). Sorry I didn't get pictures but I was off fulfilling other work obligations while Barb slaved away in the kitchen making Chicken Caesar and Garlic Bread.....

Yesterday (Sunday) was a quiet day in the store. Barb and I made plans to go to a Quilt Show.....Karen and Riali Wold opened their Generations show at the Liberty Art Gallery at 1080 St. Clair West yesterday afternoon and it is really amazing......four generations of fibre arts! I did take some pictures......the quilt on the right is one of Karen's and the applique quilt behind Karen and Riali is Riali's......(better picture below).



This is one of Riali's quilts - wonderful thread art here.....she also has a number of smocked pieces and hanging pieces which are indescribably beautiful and which I thought I took pictures of but alas, the girls distracted us and you will just all have to go see the show for yourselves.

Since I don't want to give you the whole show at I only took a couple more pictures. These two "non-political" (ha,ha) statement quilts are Karen's. Barb and I even recognized some of the fabrics - fancy that!
This quilt below is Karen's as well and as she told us it is a very expensive quilt! The original photo was taken on a trip to Italy. When she arrived home she decided it needed to be a quilt but had no idea how to draw the perspective. This resulted in a class at OCAD on drawing perspective which gave her a lovely "little" drawing which of course had to be blown up to size. She took this to Chicago where she took a class with Charlotte Warr Anderson on Landscapes. After collecting all the appropriate fabrics the result is truly wonderful. Kudos Karen! It's one of my favourites!

At least when I take a few days off the blog I still have something to show for it. Barb and I ended up back at my house watching the Oscars last night which I must say was one of the best Oscar Awards I've ever watched....
Today is going to be very busy with everything I have on my list to do so I will stop babbling and get on with it......
Happy Quilting!
Jo-Ann and Barb and the Chicks!

No comments: