Friday, February 13, 2009

Quilting Tip of the Day......

This week has been a bit of a haze for me as I have been suffering with a cold, however, the Nyquil (sp) has finally done it's job and I am on the mend. In my catatonic state I forgot to post a picture of the beautiful gifts I received from the "Monday" girls.

Roses are my favorite flower and these tea roses are really beautiful (hope they will stay alive long enough to get to my garden this spring). The rooster vase and the napkins are a wonderful addition to my "small" collection. The card is absolutely gorgeous (Gail's photography skills at work) and I will cherish it for all the new friends I've made over the past 2-1/2 years. Thank you so, so much for everything.

Now I would like to share with you a product that has been on the market for a few years but one I completely forgot about. The Thread Cutter Pendant.
Quilting Tip of The Day
Quilters love to travel and with all the new security regulations these days it is hard to take "handwork" with you especially on an airplane. You never know what they will confiscate. A good friend of mine was asked to relinquish a pair of small applique scissors the last time she flew and ran back and gave them to her husband as they were a family heirloom. The funny part is she had checked to see if they would be allowed on the plane and was given the okay but when she got there, the security guard she came across was having none of it.
She now travels with the Thread Cutter Pendant which she wears around her neck like a necklace. It works - and when she gets to her destination or home she can trim her ends as close as she likes. It really does look like a pendant and nobody realizes there's a rotary blade in it! I keep one in with my "handwork" because even when travelling by car (not a flyer) I can get some work done (if I'm not driving!).
If you like getting these little tips - please leave a comment on the blog and let us know. I love learning new things and sharing them with you!
By the way - in case you haven't checked we've made some changes to the website. If you have a moment check out our new calendar and our charity work button. We've got some great classes coming up next week and there are still spaces available - Exercises In Colour (Tuesday), Kerry's Big Shirt (Thursday) and on Saturday (tomorrow) Kathy is doing Slash Your Stash - great last minute class if you have the time and the inclination......the more the merrier!
Happy Quilting!
Jo-Ann

No comments: